RR Beware of negativity!

RTG

Robot
Staff member
Getty Images “Negativity is the curse of not only Sunderland but many a football club - it’s a trap that we should avoid falling into so early in this season” writes David Holloway. I have to admit that I wasn’t at Saturdays game, so I write this without personal experience of the feelings of those present throughout the match and at full...

More at Roker Report...

Baffled by the RR comments...Whilst advocating "beating teams like Oxford" and then stating we must avoid "the negativity breeding malaise" ..That should also have when mentioned "a disappointing home draw" Did he mean "Another one" and same old performance?

RR quote
"We have had one game - a disappointing home draw. We should be beating teams like Oxford with the squad we have. And whilst I would not advocate an unquestioning happy clapping attitude to find a way out of this, we must retain perspective, and we must avoid negativity breeding a malaise which leads to apathy".

You should have kept well away from writing any articles about the Oxford game as you were on holiday, as you state, and not at the game to make any rational assessment of the match.

Last edited:
My perspective was that within 15 minutes, all my optimism for the season disappeared as we were served up leftovers from the back end of last season.

I'm not advocating sacking the manager after one game, and I'm not one to boo the players off, but I understand why people feel that way.

I expect pelters but I can see his point personally. I appreciate a lot of it is born out of frustration and isn't premeditated but I can't see that negativity, booing and slating players and the management will never be conducive to getting better results. I don't think it will expediate any decisions from the board regarding sacking the manager and it's only going to damage the club in the short term.

Getty Images “Negativity is the curse of not only Sunderland but many a football club - it’s a trap that we should avoid falling into so early in this season” writes David Holloway. I have to admit that I wasn’t at Saturdays game, so I write this without personal experience of the feelings of those present throughout the match and at full...

More at Roker Report...

Thanks Charlie, hev a word with Jackie eh?

This perspective, word seems to be getting more traction at the moment, i am unsure what we are suppose to have perspective about, the manager failed last season to get the club promoted we finished 5th as well all know, or are we supposed to forget the previous seasons games and just clean slate a new season and we only have played one game, and we need to have faith in him... seems a weak argument from how i see it, ignoring what has come before, just so their is more positivity around the place seems a little naive.

Back