Better to lose weight and then do weights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks

Striker
Im looking to lose 2 stone as im far too fat and getting on a bit :lol:

Should I knock the weights on the head till ive got my target weight or keep doing a moderate workout while I lose the weight?

My target date is end of june for my weight loss leaving me a good 6 weeks to hit the gym. Dont want to have missed my weight before my holidays :lol:

Banks said:
Im looking to lose 2 stone as im far too fat and getting on a bit :lol:

Should I knock the weights on the head till ive got my target weight or keep doing a moderate workout while I lose the weight?

My target date is end of june for my weight loss leaving me a good 6 weeks to hit the gym. Dont want to have missed my weight before my holidays :lol:

Do weights and some hight intensity cardio. Sort your diet out.

The program I was following (and had good success with) gets you to loose the weight first before bulking.

But you do lots of pull ups, push ups, free weights during to build you strength and definition.

Stop measuring weight. If you look fat its cost you are. Take some measurements ans log the changes, stick the scales in the bin.

Im not even pissed, but my phone is being a pain.

This!!

Throw away scales and get body fat callipers. That gives the true story.

No, keep doing the weights, just as some cardio in there in addition. Some people don't even do cardio at all when trying to improve body composition.

I'd keep checking weight though, to make sure that you aren't dropping weight TOO fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back