Better Call Saul - Series 3

Absolutely love BCS, I like Jimmy as a character, I'm willing him to do well but he can't help but fuck up or do the wrong thing. I didn't really like Walt in BB, I thought he acted like a bit of a twat at times.
I didn't like Walt and I hated skyler and Walt jr.

Absolutely love BCS, I like Jimmy as a character, I'm willing him to do well but he can't help but fuck up or do the wrong thing. I didn't really like Walt in BB, I thought he acted like a bit of a twat at times.
I liked Walt! Weirdly enough I wasn't that keen on Saul in BB. So wasn't expecting to like the character of Jimmy as much as I do. Credit to the writers and Bob Odenkirk for changing my mind.

I didn't like Walt and I hated skyler and Walt jr.
I didn't like Skyler much but Walt jr was sweet. Interested to know if you didn't like the main character - what made you continue to watch?

Last edited:
I liked Walt! Weirdly enough I wasn't that keen on Saul in BB. So wasn't expecting to like the character of Jimmy as much as I do. Credit to the writers and Bob Odenkirk for changing my mind.

I didn't like Skyler much but Walt jr was sweet. Interested to know if you didn't like the main character - what made you continue to watch?
Jesse was probably the main interest in show for me. Seeing how he would turn out. Gus though was by far the best character in it for me. Great villan.

I think his character built in annoyance, he was always unnecessarily mean with Jesse and be thought he was better than other people which I didn't like. I kept watching to see what he did next, I think from early on you could tell what the outcome would be but it was fun seeing how it happened. I guess the sign of a good program is when you have a feeling for the characters, if you couldn't give a fuck then its probably missed the mark.

I've seen the first two series via Netflix over the last two years.., fuck all actually happens, if anyone would like to argue, please just post :D

... it does work as an all episodes available to watch in your own time netflix show though.
It's tips it's cap to BB but is great on its own ,not sure what you want to happen. The writing is fantastic and all the acting is strong .So brilliant slapstick and one liners

Arrives on Netflix on April 11th. Having read a few reviews of the first couple of episodes (no spoilers!) which have been shown to the press the consensus seems to be that it's more of the same and doesn't look to be connecting to Jimmy's Breaking Bad persona anytime soon. Basically those who found it too slow will still have those issues, or give up. Others will enjoy it for the writing and characterization.

I'm looking forward to it. Just when I was going to get rid of Netflix too.

Watch it through kodi using exodus. Don't need Netflix or Sky movies - or any other TV channel come to that.

I prefer bcs to breaking bad. Excellent show

Not in the same league IMO. Breaking Bad is classic. BCS is OK.

Last edited:
I do like it but after that episode i feel the same as before, it's too slow at times. In fact any slower and it'd be a better call Saul prequel

I was expecting a better season opener than that but still enjoyed it... mostly, especially like Mikes story line but not really arsed about 'Jimmy' at this time.

That was pretty much what I was expecting. Setting the scene/tone for the rest of the series. Signs of Jimmy cracking, Chuck being unbearable, possibly the disintegration of the Jimmy/Kim relationship and Mike going about his business in the slow, methodical way Mike goes about his business. If people aren't already fans it probably won't win any new ones. But I'm already a fan.

Just watched it. Love it me
I also noticed how beautifully it's shot too - the bit when Mike had arranged his 3.30am meet up almost looked like a double screen, his car screeching along the dirt track looked great, as did Kim's meeting in front of the cowboy and horse sculpture.

That was pretty much what I was expecting. Setting the scene/tone for the rest of the series. Signs of Jimmy cracking, Chuck being unbearable, possibly the disintegration of the Jimmy/Kim relationship and Mike going about his business in the slow, methodical way Mike goes about his business. If people aren't already fans it probably won't win any new ones. But I'm already a fan.
I loved it. I wouldn't try and persuade anybody else to enjoy it but it works for me.

I loved it. I wouldn't try and persuade anybody else to enjoy it but it works for me.
Yes indeed. Basically if people didn't like the first or even second series, they won't like this one either. I'm not desperate for Jimmy to morph into Saul any time soon - I'm happy to go on the journey. Chuck is turning nicely into the villain of the piece.

A multiple murderer , habitual liar, and psychopath was a bit of a twat at times? :lol:

Back