Betfred

Absolutely this.

If you can get £100s on with an online bookmaker then generally speaking it's because you've got a history and/or profile that suggests you're a mug punter.

I do most of my bets in the shops now - ironically mainly Betfred because of Best Odds Guaranteed - but even then if you try and get £100+ on they refer you to head office and more often than not limit the stake.
So true. I was struggling to get my local Hills to take £500 bet during Cheltenham this year. In end had to have a bet there and a bet down the road. If they won’t take a decent bet in one of the most competitive races of the year when will they?

If it is 'proven' in a court of law that there was indeed a software malfunction then it needs to be ascertained when that malfunction could have been present and all losing punters playing during that time period should be refunded. Of course that won't happen.
This. I often wonder how many bets are voided due to palpable errors..... That don't win. I know the answer.

Industry is rotten and one sided. Some of the poor practices from years gone by are gone, but still have tools to frustrate/scare punters with 'reviews' etc.

With slots, obvious errors should be spotted and flagged almost instantly to ensure punters have a fair experience.... This should be part of the quality of the development process, particularly for something as contentiouss as gambling. Or at least before congratulating a punter, if that is correct. Sounds to me that the process between bookie and developers is the issue.

Playtech are bastards. They are one of the largest software providers in the industry but they've been complacent and most operators either build their own proprietary platforms (bet365, skybet) or use more agile challengers - SBtech, everymatrix, btobet etc.

Playtech is still used by the High Street retail names GVC (Ladbrokes Coral) and BetFred as they although have experience have taken ages to adapt their landbased knowhow to the demands of the online world.
GVC need to get some skilled workers in as compliance there is terrible, I've made 2 complaints to the UKGC about them this year for quite serious LCCP breaches. It's impossible to contact anyone higher than live chat, mind I had a deluge of contact after my first complaint :)

I think it's fairly common in many potential court cases for companies to want to settle without any admission of guilt. It might cost them more than £60k to defend it and there's always the chance you'll lose. Equally if it goes to court it'll definitely be in the press so there's the negative of that to consider as well; regardless of the merits of the case, if people think they won't pay out they might stop using them and that would cost them a lot more than 60k.

As others have said though, bookies by and large are complete scum and I love seeing them lose money so I hope this lad wins his case.
absolutely this.

they will employ a qc and a junior at an agreed grade.

they will read through all the documents and charge for that by the hour.

there will then be a daily agreed charge for court

So true. I was struggling to get my local Hills to take £500 bet during Cheltenham this year. In end had to have a bet there and a bet down the road. If they won’t take a decent bet in one of the most competitive races of the year when will they?

Bookies simple don’t want serious gamblers anymore mate. They want the £5 a week football coupon punters and the £20 a day FOBTs gamblers

A few months ago, I was stopped from betting £50 on a horse in a competitive handicap

Back