Best way to sell a car

Spike

Full Back
So I’m getting a lease car through work in March, I want to sell my car before my insurance is due in feb (I’m getting a temporary car off the lease people til mine is delivered)

What’s the best way to sell it to get the most for it?

I priced it on Arnold Clark a while ago and it seemed a decent price, but I imagine they will try and knock the price down when they inspect it, anyone got any experience?

Or anyone know a reputable dealer local who is good to deal with?

Wanting hassle free

Private (Autotrader, Gumtree, Ebay) if you can be arsed. It's a chew on though and you'll encounter plenty dickheads offering peanuts

Is it not a fart on though having tyre kickers coming round and bartering?
Probably hit and miss really. I've sold twice through it and it's been ok in my experience although my da had a bit of hassle with dodgy messages and some tyre kickers. Ultimately if it's priced well it'll sell.

So I’m getting a lease car through work in March, I want to sell my car before my insurance is due in feb (I’m getting a temporary car off the lease people til mine is delivered)

I priced it on Arnold Clark a while ago and it seemed a decent price, but I imagine they will try and knock the price down when they inspect it, anyone got any experience?

Wanting hassle free

Wanting hassle free

Is the car your selling on finance/PCP or whatever?

The worst that happens with AC, Evans Halshaw or We Buy Any Car is that they try and knock you down too far and you walk away.

eBay and Autotrader good if it’s worth something, Gumtree if it’s a shitter.

Alternatively, if it’s a Ford C-Max, Titanium Ghia Zetec, Ecoboost with mudflaps, mats, seat covers, roof bars, guaranteed 100mpg, free servicing, MOT’s and repairs for life then @PTR will take it providing it’s in showroom condition and has delivery mileage on. I’ll only take a 5% brokerage fee.

Be aware Autotrader trader costs at least £100 regardless of whether you sell it

Sold a couple on Gumtree but be aware there’ll be loads of time wasters and fraudsters (offering to buy your car for £1k more than it’s worth)

Be aware Autotrader trader costs at least £100 regardless of whether you sell it

Sold a couple on Gumtree but be aware there’ll be loads of time wasters and fraudsters (offering to buy your car for £1k more than it’s worth)
Have they put the price up? Had one on last year and it was £20.

I think with selling online you'll get daft offers through messages but they're easy enough to put straight.

It’s £75 for unlimited advert until sold.

Cheapest is about £35. It is expensive though.

I've sold all my cars on Auto trader. No bother at all. Just put an honest advert and a decent price. People are always after cars man.

Wanting hassle free
:evil:

That's a good shout actually. I'm sure it's a fixed price (not a percentage of the selling price).

Back