Best Vietnam War Films....

Thanks, where abouts? Wouldn't mind looking that up at some point.

Thanks, I will watch that over the weekend. I am planning to buy Massacre at My Lai DVD next time I'm back in UK, it's on Ebay for around a fiver.
It`s quite a harrowing watch. They interview many who were there and some are clearly seriously disturbed by it and look broken men. I recall one of them saying that years later, his son was shot dead in his garden and that it`s all his fault and was divine revenge for what he did at My Lai.
Here`s the link for the first part of the Four Hours In My Lai documentary on You Tube for anyone that wants to see it:

Last edited:
It`s quite a harrowing watch. They interview many who were there and some are clearly seriously disturbed by it and look broken men. I recall one of them saying that years later, his son was shot dead in his garden and that it`s all his fault and was divine revenge for what he did at My Lai.
Here`s the link for the first part of the Four Hours In My Lai documentary on You Tube for anyone that wants to see it:

I've just watched the trailer for the film and that looks bad enough. i can imagine it's a very disturbing film. Looks absolutely horrific.

Platoon sets the standard in my opinion. We were soldiers had impressive battle scenes but has that Mel Gibson gloss which makes it seem less realistic.

Watched the Aussie film ‘Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan’ earlier this week. It didn’t have the usual moral debates that you get with Nam films but I thought it did a canny job of showing what happened in the battle and how scary it must’ve been for the young conscripts

The easiest one to get to is baler Bay, the "Charlie don't surf" beach but to be honest none of the locations nowadays look as they did in the films,still worth a wander however.

I have been to that beach in 2015 but I didn't realise the setting was there. Cheers for that.

I just watched it. yeah very harrowing , how did Calley only serve 3 days in jail for that?
I just saw a short documentary on You Tube (15 mins) about the helicopter pilot who saved the last few people. He went back there in 1998, 30 years on.

Here's the link if you want to see it.

Watched the full documentary last night. Absolutely harrowing. Unbelievable what unfolded there. That black guy, Simpson i think he was called, was a broken man, so much so that he took his own life i believe. You can how traumatised he is by the whole thing. Difficult to comprehend.

Platoon sets the standard in my opinion. We were soldiers had impressive battle scenes but has that Mel Gibson gloss which makes it seem less realistic.

Watched the Aussie film ‘Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan’ earlier this week. It didn’t have the usual moral debates that you get with Nam films but I thought it did a canny job of showing what happened in the battle and how scary it must’ve been for the young conscripts

I just watched Danger Close- The battle of Long Tan tonight. Excellent film.

Back