Best value whey protein?

Bulkpowders are doing 2.5kg bags for £16 with chocolate flavour, 400 calories per portion

I saw some in Aldi which were £15, I thought they were would be horrible calorie intake wise with it being Aldi but 330 per portion isn't too shabby

Bulkpowders are doing 2.5kg bags for £16 with chocolate flavour, 400 calories per portion

I saw some in Aldi which were £15, I thought they were would be horrible calorie intake wise with it being Aldi but 330 per portion isn't too shabby
That’s a lot! Gold standard I use is 120 cals per portion.

What do people recommend, looking for a decent chocolate flavour. I’ve generally used myprotein in the past. Are there better options for value/taste?

Cheers

I only really have unflavoured so no advice on the taste. Value wise when I'm looking to stock up I tend to get through to the payment stage on BulkPowders and Bodybuilding Warehouse and then see which is the cheapest all in before processing that payment.

Will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone comes up with any more names I should take a look at.

Holland and Barrett currently have 908g tubs of Precision Engineered whey for £12. It’s really decent.

I generally have a couple of scoops pre-workout or mix it with my oats.

The majority I've used are around 100 cals per 20g protein - are there any brands out there much better than that?

Peak body Protein mania is amazing, mixes well and tastes class. I mix an overnight black coffe in with the vanilla flavour on a morning for a protein mokka. Made in washington too.

The majority I've used are around 100 cals per 20g protein - are there any brands out there much better than that?
Protein is 4cals per g, so if you were getting something typical protein, they are about 80% protein and rest carbs and fats (carbs also 4cal per g and fat 9 cal per g)
If you were after something as low cal as possible you'd need to pay a bit more and get some isolate whey protein which is about 90% protein.

I use myprotein or bulk powders , depending which have the biggest discount at the time

also long as you get a chocolate one and mix it with almond or coconut milk it all tastes class.
Does anyone know how long these will last once opened? Will the protein/product be any good if opened around may last year?

Last edited:
also long as you get a chocolate one and mix it with almond or coconut milk it all tastes class.
Does anyone know how long these will last once opened? Will the protein/product be any good if opened around may last year?
May be of limited use but I buy 5kg every six months or so and never notice any degeneration by the time I'm finished. Doesn't cover your time period but may give an indication. May depend on how it's been stored too - in a cool, dry place in an airtight container I imagine it would be fine...

Back