best use of popular music in film?

I will just end this thread. This scene/music combo gives me goosebumps every time its ridiculously good

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just to the American pie type film goers surely ? I know who they are but we weren't rushing to see
It doesnā€™t matter who itā€™s aimed at, that wasnā€™t the question.
Itā€™s a film that sprung to mind straight away as the majority was popular at the time, thatā€™s why I mentioned popular twice.

The pop music in films is and can be time related depending on the subject matter.

For example an 80ā€™s based film is not likely to have trance music in it.

Trainspotting made good use of popular music at the time as well as tracks not from the era it was based.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Baby Driver made good use of its sound track by having it as what the character is listening to but also cutting to the points in the music.

I wasn't too keen on the film overall though.

It doesnā€™t matter who itā€™s aimed at, that wasnā€™t the question.
Itā€™s a film that sprung to mind straight away as the majority was popular at the time, thatā€™s why I mentioned popular twice.

The pop music in films is and can be time related depending on the subject matter.

For example an 80ā€™s based film is not likely to have trance music in it.

Trainspotting made good use of popular music at the time as well as tracks not from the era it was based.
Just read like you meant the film was popular not the music
Never seen it and you gave no examples.
If its full of popular music fair enough
I read the brief as one of those clever moments where a scene and a well known song combine.

Just read like you meant the film was popular not the music
Never seen it and you gave no examples.
If its full of popular music fair enough
I read the brief as one of those clever moments where a scene and a well known song combine.
My interpretation of the thread was explained in my initial post.

Best use of popular music in a film?

As popular as popular (music) could be at the time.

Iā€™m not sure how movie fits into the sentence where Iā€™ve added music. šŸ‘

Steve Vai pretends to get beat off a dubbed Ry Cooder playing some dead white person classical music in a blues guitar battle for the soul of his old mate.
Brilliant stuff nevertheless.

Back