Best TV Show ever

Game of Thrones being the best ever must be a great example of recency bias.

I have no idea if its the greatest show ever, but I do know if it was made the 80s and Only Fools and Horses was made today, OFAH would beat it easily in a poll.
The difference is that, despite OFAH’s brilliance, it was shot using a cast of about 10 in a film studio and cost probably 20p. GoT was shot in numerous outdoor and indoor locations around Europe, has a cast of hundreds, if not thousands, and cost similar amounts to your average Hollywood blockbuster per episode.

Haway man, much as I love OFAH, It’s like comparing a popular family hatchback with a Lamborghini.

What do you think it is? We were just talking about Game of Thrones at work and for me it's the best tv show ever made. Quality in all aspects, brilliant story, acting and visuals. Some of the episodes are breathtaking you are literally left with your jaw open at times.

I've never watched a full episode, if I did the nerdy fuckers at work might speak to me.

I’d normally agree with you. I actually hate Lord of the rings and all that shit but Game of Thrones is brilliant. I thought the same before I watched it. If you haven’t yet then give it a go.

I gave it a go, watched the first 4 or 5 episodes before deciding it wasnt my thing (which I kind of knew, given it's not a genre I've ever liked).

Response from almost every Game of Thrones fan I've met "Really you should watch the entire first season"

Why can these people not accept that not everyone likes GoT? Why would anyone watch an entire season in the hope they suddenly get into it? If after 4 episodes I'm not into it, I'm not into it

The Sopranos then The Shield

The Wire would have been up there if it wasn't for the ridiculous McNulty storyline in the last series

Ever is too difficult. Too many genres and generations - stuff that looks crap now but was groundbreaking for its time.

GOT has got to be the most overhyped shite I've ever seen, I watched the first 3 series and didn't mind it but just thought it was mostly boring, it has no central thread to follow and when fuck all is happening you can bet that something shocking will happen like someone having their cock chopped off or a pregnant women will have her unborn baby stabbed to death.

Just utter drivel that relies on shock tactics and panders to the Facebook generation of morons.

Aside from that it's not too bad ;)

GOT has got to be the most overhyped shite I've ever seen, I watched the first 3 series and didn't mind it but just thought it was mostly boring, it has no central thread to follow and when fuck all is happening you can bet that something shocking will happen like someone having their cock chopped off or a pregnant women will have her unborn baby stabbed to death.

Just utter drivel that relies on shock tactics and panders to the Facebook generation of morons.

Aside from that it's not too bad ;)

Not enough eye candy or nudity either.

It is very hard to say what is best ever due to technological advances.

Over the years I have some very funny shows, Mr Ed, Randal and Hopkirk (deceased) to Dave allen, Monty Python, Only fools and Horses, Dads Army and Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

I have never watched Line of Duty or games of Thrones but am partial to midsummer murders / endeavour.

I do not like a lot of modern tv as the violence is very graphic which is wonderful to some but to me horrific

and The Fonz was just cool

Big Brother, Detectorists.

And any programme where some posh archaeologist tart is bending over showing cleavage.

Last edited:
Band of brothers
It's not just superbly made and filmed.. It really happened and that makes it remarkable
It took to the bottom of page 5 for this to get a mention

My faith in humanity is lost

Ever is too difficult. Too many genres and generations - stuff that looks crap now but was groundbreaking for its time.
Some truth in that

Roots and Boys from the Blackstuff were superb telly in their day. Probably not in with a shout now but brilliant at the time

Last edited:

Back