Best TV Show ever

I am.

Genuinely never heard anyone mention Buffy as being one of the best TV shows of all time.
quite regularly, 22 in the Guardians list here, The Guardian's top 50 television dramas of all time, 22 in empires list too The 50 Best TV Shows Ever It's a brilliant show. The only issue with recommending it to people is that series 1 is not really very good and is very dated too. It's only from series 2 that it really got going.

@fyl2u will be along soon to agree but then say that Angel is better! :lol:

quite regularly, 22 in the Guardians list here, The Guardian's top 50 television dramas of all time, 22 in empires list too The 50 Best TV Shows Ever It's a brilliant show. The only issue with recommending it to people is that series 1 is not really very good and is very dated too. It's only from series 2 that it really got going.

I'd say that Buffy is one of the all-time great teen TV shows, whereas Angel is one of the all-time great adult TV shows. ;)

I've never tried West Wing. I managed 2 seasons of House of Cards if that counts. Started off well. Then went to shit and became almost a parody of itself.

Give the pilot a go. If you're not hooked by the end you're doing it wrong. ;)

Last edited:

Fair enough. My daughter used to watch it and it seemed decent tv for teenagers but I was maybe underestimating it.

Fair enough. My daughter used to watch it and it seemed decent tv for teenagers but I was maybe underestimating it.

It is excellent once it gets going. Angel is better, like. ;) Really isn't "just a spinoff". Much more aimed at an adult market, like Firefly/Serenity, the other show/movie that creator Joss Whedon made with Angel writer Tim Minear (who went on to make Wonderfalls, Terriers and American Horror Story, three other fantastic shows).

Back