Best TV Show ever

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Andy_Roker1983, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Dave Herbal

Dave Herbal Striker

The difference is that, despite OFAH’s brilliance, it was shot using a cast of about 10 in a film studio and cost probably 20p. GoT was shot in numerous outdoor and indoor locations around Europe, has a cast of hundreds, if not thousands, and cost similar amounts to your average Hollywood blockbuster per episode.

Haway man, much as I love OFAH, It’s like comparing a popular family hatchback with a Lamborghini.

2. Latka Gravas

Latka Gravas Striker

Every character is superb. Phil and Nige were always my favourites, but after rewatching it lately I love Eddie and Joan :lol:

Vinny the Mackem likes this.
  3. hank williams

hank williams Striker

Auf weideshein pet ( 1st two Series )

OFAH

Porridge

4. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

I've never watched a full episode, if I did the nerdy fuckers at work might speak to me.

5. ThePistols

ThePistols Midfield

Not the best ever, but still brilliant, The Shield can be streamed on All4.

6. Redandwhitedust

Redandwhitedust Goalkeeper

I gave it a go, watched the first 4 or 5 episodes before deciding it wasnt my thing (which I kind of knew, given it's not a genre I've ever liked).

Response from almost every Game of Thrones fan I've met "Really you should watch the entire first season"

Why can these people not accept that not everyone likes GoT? Why would anyone watch an entire season in the hope they suddenly get into it? If after 4 episodes I'm not into it, I'm not into it

HeaderDownBrown likes this.
  7. Maravilla

Maravilla Striker

The Sopranos then The Shield

The Wire would have been up there if it wasn't for the ridiculous McNulty storyline in the last series

8. The Exile

The Exile Striker

Ever is too difficult. Too many genres and generations - stuff that looks crap now but was groundbreaking for its time.

soapster likes this.
  9. Lewberry pie

Lewberry pie Striker

GOT has got to be the most overhyped shite I've ever seen, I watched the first 3 series and didn't mind it but just thought it was mostly boring, it has no central thread to follow and when fuck all is happening you can bet that something shocking will happen like someone having their cock chopped off or a pregnant women will have her unborn baby stabbed to death.

Just utter drivel that relies on shock tactics and panders to the Facebook generation of morons.

Aside from that it's not too bad ;)

10. Biffo The Bear

Biffo The Bear Midfield Lost Magpie

Not enough eye candy or nudity either.

Lewberry pie likes this.
  11. soapster

soapster Striker

It is very hard to say what is best ever due to technological advances.

Over the years I have some very funny shows, Mr Ed, Randal and Hopkirk (deceased) to Dave allen, Monty Python, Only fools and Horses, Dads Army and Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

I have never watched Line of Duty or games of Thrones but am partial to midsummer murders / endeavour.

I do not like a lot of modern tv as the violence is very graphic which is wonderful to some but to me horrific

and The Fonz was just cool

12. Yes. Particularly if the dragons burnt the rest of the cast in the first scene.

13. silas80

silas80 Winger

Band of Brothers. Watch it every year and it's still amazing.

Tomma and Lefty Frizzell like this.
  14. Adam Adamant.

15. Johnap

Johnap Midfield Contributor

"Let me explain before one of us dies!" I still use that...

jcrossan likes this.
  16. Boys From The Blackstuff
    One Summer

17. Rainbow

18. Tuono

Tuono Goalkeeper

Big Brother, Detectorists.

And any programme where some posh archaeologist tart is bending over showing cleavage.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  19. Chesterladmackem

Chesterladmackem Midfield

Dads Army
    The Tube

20. Billy Fish

Billy Fish Striker

It took to the bottom of page 5 for this to get a mention

My faith in humanity is lost

Some truth in that

Roots and Boys from the Blackstuff were superb telly in their day. Probably not in with a shout now but brilliant at the time

Last edited: May 5, 2019