Best thing this season

Going up on the cheap isn’t the biggest problem.

It’s not being able to replace a good core of young players, ones that we won’t see the best of, as they will definitely be off

I’m usually an optimist, but next year will be a lot worse
As said before - we haven't done this on the cheap.
We are in a transfer defecit over two seasons by quite a bit - unusual for this league where most clubs in a high wages to turnover sell to survive.
I thought this about cov (replacing core players)
They were only good cos of gykores and hamer.
They have more points at this stage this season than last.

If we get 30 mil or so for players we will then be up to being able to compete with other championship clubs who lots have got 30-50 mil over the last two years selling players.
It's what happens in the championship

Last edited:

I thought this about cov.
They were only good cos of gykores and hamer.
They have more points at this stage this season than last.

If we get 30 mil or so for players we will then be up to being able to compete with other championship clubs who lots have got 30-50 mil over the last two years selling players.
It's what happens in the championship
Fair post

Sadly, we seem to have lost the ability to buy good players. We went through great phase, but the recent additions haven’t been anywhere near as good

That could happen is over the next 12 games the supporters let KLD know what we think of all this.

He has to go or invest in actual quality and experience. Trying to go up on the cheap just won’t work.

No two ways about it.
Oh dont worry, we weren't trying to go up.

Fair post

Sadly, we seem to have lost the ability to buy good players. We went through great phase, but the recent additions haven’t been anywhere near as good
I have a different view to lots and it may not be what we are trying to do - but when we got promoted we had a team full of league one players worth little.
Our approach was to try to get up to compete with championship clubs who had some players worth tens of millions
We did that by getting lots of young players of which we hope a lot will increase in value - and a few have
We are now on an equal footing with the other clubs - Watford , Boro , Swansea , Bristol city , cov - they all have sold players worth 30 - 100 mil or more the last 2 seasons and it's likely we will do this in the summer.

The issue for me was that I thought we then would buy ready now players with player sales - but the 10 mil we got for Stewart was spent poorly.
When we sell Clarke for 20 mil or so - I'd have thought we would get a few ready now players for upwards of 5+ mil (hence why we need a good wage to turnover now as these players will be on a much higher wage)

This is purely speculation on my part but it seems the most logical way to have ran the club and I think what we are trying to do

Last edited:
This summer will be the acid test for me into just what the owners ambitions are for the club. Right now it doesn’t look good.

The players we’ve signed over the last 12 months are really concerning.

I don’t think there’s been one particularly good one. I thought Jobe might have a bit about him early on in the season but that has faded for me. The rest are absolutely nowhere near the standard required to compete to get promotion. Nowhere near.

The players we’ve signed over the last 12 months are really concerning.

I don’t think there’s been one particularly good one. I thought Jobe might have a bit about him early on in the season but that has faded for me. The rest are absolutely nowhere near the standard required to compete to get promotion. Nowhere near.
The question that should be asked is, are they good enough to stay up, because sometimes, i do wonder if they are.

The question that should be asked is, are they good enough to stay up, because sometimes, i do wonder if they are.

That team that started today would be relegation material. Defensively all over the place, weak, lacking steel and creativity in the middle and totally toothless up top.

Stop Clarke, beat Sunderland. And if Clarke’s not there it’s easy pickings. Their lack of composure in the final third stopped today from being an embarrassment

That team that started today would be relegation material. Defensively all over the place, weak, lacking steel and creativity in the middle and totally toothless up top.

Stop Clarke, beat Sunderland. And if Clarke’s not there it’s easy pickings. Their lack of composure in the final third stopped today from being an embarrassment
It's a junior school team, from the head of PE Mr Speakman, because the truth is, without adult men, we haven't a hope of getting promoted.

I have a different view to lots and it may not be what we are trying to do - but when we got promoted we had a team full of league one players worth little.
Our approach was to try to get up to compete with championship clubs who had some players worth tens of millions
We did that by getting lots of young players of which we hope a lot will increase in value - and a few have
We are now on an equal footing with the other clubs - Watford , Boro , Swansea , Bristol city , cov - they all have sold players worth 30 - 100 mil or more the last 2 seasons and it's likely we will do this in the summer.

The issue for me was that I thought we then would buy ready now players with player sales - but the 10 mil we got for Stewart was spent poorly.
When we sell Clarke for 20 mil or so - I'd have thought we would get a few ready now players for upwards of 5+ mil (hence why we need a good wage to turnover now as these players will be on a much higher wage)

This is purely speculation on my part but it seems the most logical way to have ran the club and I think what we are trying to do
It’s a good post, and I’m with you on principles

Im more frustrated that we were 2 players away from really kicking on, and now we’re going backwards

Back