Best Supermarket Cafe Breakfast

MackemBob

Striker
I know, I know. The galloping gourmets of the SMB will turn their collective nose up at this, but most of us have probably had a breakfast in one at some point.

What’s your preferred option?

I have to say, Sainsbury’s for me is the worst of a poor bunch: surly staff; poorly cooked food and a slightly sterile atmosphere.

Tesco is probably first amongst equals for me.

I know, I know. The galloping gourmets of the SMB will turn their collective nose up at this, but most of us have probably had a breakfast in one at some point.

I have to say, Sainsbury’s for me is the worst of a poor bunch: surly staff; poorly cooked food and a slightly sterile atmosphere.

Morrisons is ok but they bring in their poached eggs from outside so at Seaburn, they are either 'not delivered yet' or 'hard boiled'. However, the Shields branch cook them properly.

My problem with all supermarket breakfasts is that they are always lukewarm at best and by the time you have a few mouthfulls its gone cold ,always give it a couple of mins in the microwave in morrisons (knacks the egg) but small sacrifices for a hot breakfast.

Sainsbury's is decent but more expensive than many others.

My problem with all supermarket breakfasts is that they are always lukewarm at best and by the time you have a few mouthfulls its gone cold ,always give it a couple of mins in the microwave in morrisons (knacks the egg) but small sacrifices for a hot breakfast.
why dont you get a spare plate and take the egg off before heating it? i'd prefer a lukewarm runny egg to a hot hard boiled one.

Can only really think of Sainsburys and Morrisons that I've had. For me the eggs make or break a breakfast. Sainsburys was reheated scrambled eggs. Cack. Can't remember being too impressed with Morrisons. I think I only went to them as it was easy with the bairn in the buggy. Doubt I will have on ever again.

Back