Best summer beverages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grapefruit is amazing with Brockmans and if you haven't had Brockmans, I suggest trying it. By far my favourite Gin.

Quite like Clemantine as well as an alternative to Lime

I got one somewhere once and the barman put pink grapefruit in. Cant remember what it was though, but all I could taste was the grapefruit. I’ll keep an eye out for Brockmans though as always on the lookout for new ones and I’ve never had that before (to the best of my knowledge anyway!)

I got one somewhere once and the barman put pink grapefruit in. Cant remember what it was though, but all I could taste was the grapefruit. I’ll keep an eye out for Brockmans though as always on the lookout for new ones and I’ve never had that before (to the best of my knowledge anyway!)

Tanqueray 10 just tastes of grapefruit anyway.

I can't be the only person who finds ice cold drinks difficult. It hurts your teeth and kind of leaves you gasping from the freeziness. I have to drink them much slower than warmer ones. I picked up a can of cider the other day that was at room temperature and necked it on about 3 goes. That would be impossible with a cold one.

I'm going to overlook the teeth thing as that is easily resolved but why would you want to neck your drink in three mouthfuls anyway?

Got half a bottle of Metaxa to use up this weekend so going to make some Brandy Sours

great drink on the rocks, but sounds good in a sour mash scenario....will give it a try

Grapefruit is amazing with Brockmans and if you haven't had Brockmans, I suggest trying it. By far my favourite Gin.

Quite like Clemantine as well as an alternative to Lime

another yes for brockmans with grapefruit and a sprig of rosemary , tried last week for the first time....sensational

Last edited:
This is just a question in general & isn't particularly aimed at you, but how is it acceptable to put ice in Fanta, but not (to some on here) in cider?

I wouldnt put ice in cider myself, but then again I wouldnt judge anybody who wanted to - probably just a question of diluting the alcohol

Hendricks is overpowered by lime imo. Better off going with nothing if you don't want cucumber.

Grapefruit goes pretty well with Gordons/Tanqueray as it's the citrus they use in the gin.
Grapefruit goes really well with Martin millers

I can't be the only person who finds ice cold drinks difficult. It hurts your teeth and kind of leaves you gasping from the freeziness. I have to drink them much slower than warmer ones. I picked up a can of cider the other day that was at room temperature and necked it on about 3 goes. That would be impossible with a cold one.

You're an absolute meth

Here in Spain, horchata, made from tiger nuts. It tastes a tad medicinal when you first try it, but once you've got the taste there's nothing better for cutting through thirst on a hot day.

Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back