Best summer beverages

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't really subscribe to the different fruits for different gins theory. Lime goes with any, though I did get a Monkey 47 with orange in once that was nice. Lime is the universal accompaniment. I'm not a fan of cucumber generally but I honestly think it ruins a Hendricks, it's too strong.

Hendricks is overpowered by lime imo. Better off going with nothing if you don't want cucumber.

Grapefruit goes pretty well with Gordons/Tanqueray as it's the citrus they use in the gin.

I can't be the only person who finds ice cold drinks difficult. It hurts your teeth and kind of leaves you gasping from the freeziness. I have to drink them much slower than warmer ones. I picked up a can of cider the other day that was at room temperature and necked it on about 3 goes. That would be impossible with a cold one.

I can't be the only person who finds ice cold drinks difficult. It hurts your teeth and kind of leaves you gasping from the freeziness. I have to drink them much slower than warmer ones. I picked up a can of cider the other day that was at room temperature and necked it on about 3 goes. That would be impossible with a cold one.

Dunno like Dave marra.......you're the only one to eat crisps and salad cream with a fork;)

The beer snob and homebrewer part of me says a lovely session Golden Ale or American Pale Ale.

The other part of me says Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer with ice and a slice, or an ice cold bottle of Corona.

Grapefruit goes pretty well with Gordons/Tanqueray as it's the citrus they use in the gin.

Grapefruit is amazing with Brockmans and if you haven't had Brockmans, I suggest trying it. By far my favourite Gin.

Quite like Clemantine as well as an alternative to Lime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back