Best stuff to kill off a tree stump .

About a 14inch diameter leyllandi
I dont need it to rot away and crumble , just to not start to growing again ,going to drill some holes in the stump with 25mm flat bit then put whatever stuff is reccomended here then cover with hardcore/sand/paving.

seen this at Wickes

Had this problem myself. Drilled holes in it last year and put epson salts in as i read that works. This year it was still spouting again.

Ive sprayed some rosate 360 on it now and it has killed the new shoots, time will tell of it kills it permanently. If you do use rosate be careful as its nasty stuff.

I drilled holes in a large Cherry tree stump and filled holes with Grit/salt from council bins and covered it with a bin bag. It isn't growing anymore and is slowly rotting away now.

About a 14inch diameter leyllandi
I dont need it to rot away and crumble , just to not start to growing again ,going to drill some holes in the stump with 25mm flat bit then put whatever stuff is reccomended here then cover with hardcore/sand/paving.

seen this at Wickes

Google burning a tree stump slowly...or pulling it out using a farm jack.

Chains and high geared winch, pull it out.

Would make more sense than paving over it and hoping it doesn't grow and doesn't rot, messing your paving up.

Back