Best Shit Laptop?

Discopants91

Striker
After a new or refurbished laptop to replace my 90 year old Vaio.

The only demanding thing it would ever have to do is run Footy Manager smoothly, everything else would just be browsing/office bollocks.

Heard it's "Amazon Prime Day" next week but not sure if they usually have decent deals or not.

After a new or refurbished laptop to replace my 90 year old Vaio.

The only demanding thing it would ever have to do is run Footy Manager smoothly, everything else would just be browsing/office bollocks.

Heard it's "Amazon Prime Day" next week but not sure if they usually have decent deals or not.
I'm guessing that you know what your looking for?

Basically the best cpu your money will stretch to with 16gb (maybe 8gb at a push) of memory. Graphics card won't be important at all if your just playing fm and office stuff.

I'm guessing that you know what your looking for?

Basically the best cpu your money will stretch to with 16gb (maybe 8gb at a push) of memory. Graphics card won't be important at all if your just playing fm and office stuff.

I do now!

Will a 4gb memory not be enough then?

I do now!

Will a 4gb memory not be enough then?
It can, but slowly. 8gb will be fine. 16gb if you want to run loads of leagues.

CPU wise, you want an an intel i5 or i7. But it's not that simple :p

Each CPU has a longer code (eg i5-7300HQ) the important parts are:
The first number after the dash symbol ( you want a 7 or 8, though an 8 will be expensive)
The letters at the end (for a laptop you want the letters to start with a H)

You can ignore the actual 'speed' of the processor to a degree as a newer pcu with a slower clock is faster than an old cpu with a fast clock.

@Discopants91 - i've updated my post.

This looks decent for Prime Day.

Last edited:
It can, but slowly. 8gb will be fine. 16gb if you want to run loads of leagues.

CPU wise, you want an an intel i5 or i7. But it's not that simple :p

Each CPU has a longer code (eg i5-7300HQ) the important parts are:
The first number after the dash symbol ( you want a 7 or 8, though an 8 will be expensive)
The letters at the end (for a laptop you want the letters to start with a H)

You can ignore the actual 'speed' of the processor to a degree as a newer pcu with a slower clock is faster than an old cpu with a fast clock.

@Discopants91 - i've updated my post.

This looks decent for Prime Day.

Excellent, cheers, although that one's a bit pricey at the minute.

Have a proper shop round this afternoon.

At £400 you'd struggle to get a laptop that'll look nice running the 3d match engine (not a problem if you like the 2d engine as I do).

If you don't mind a refurb, i'd got for this. You'll notice it only has 4gb of memory, if you give them a ring on 0871 971 0005 and ask them to bump it up to 8gb, you'll have a good FM laptop for about £400.

Not much on Amazon and even the second-hand eBay market is steep. Gearbest are pretty good (though you have to wait around for shipping and will have to install the non-Chinese W10).

Either way though, for £400 you won't get you much.

Not much on Amazon and even the second-hand eBay market is steep. Gearbest are pretty good (though you have to wait around for shipping and will have to install the non-Chinese W10).

Either way though, for £400 you won't get you much.
Agreed on the Amazon stuff.

The one I posted was decent but too pricey; the rest of it was shite.

4gb is enough for FM. Just means he'll have longer loading times when simulating match results etc

I can run FM on an old 1gb lappy, but the loading times between games takes longer than if I had 8gb.

4gb is enough for FM. Just means he'll have longer loading times when simulating match results etc

I can run FM on an old 1gb lappy, but the loading times between games takes longer than if I had 8gb.
True, but he did ask that it ran 'smoothly', which to me would be with minimal loading times.

To the OP, did you ever find anything?

Back