Best shaped toilet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our lass has decided she doesn't like the toilet in our house. It doesn't have a very good flush and sometimes requires two flushes to get all the "contents of the bowl" away.

She's formed the impression that the modern-style rectangular bogs are the best and we should get one: I say it's just a fashionable design.

Anyone got any advice? Apart from nipping off your logs so they are smaller and will flush?

Dunno mate, but the wife insisted on a rectangular one when we got our bathroom fitted the other month. So I guess they're popular at the moment. Haven't had one fail to flush since, but I doubt that's got anything to do with the shape of the toilet.

Surely if the flush isn't very good the solution is a new flushing mechanism/valve? Will probably cost less than £15 to sort. If anything a new one will be worse than an older one as they are generally smaller and are designed to use less water. The old one we have downstairs is a more powerful flusher than our newer one upstairs and better at dealing with King Kong's fingers IMO.

I think it's more to do with the shape of the bowl. There's plenty of water and a reasonably powerful flush but the water seems to do a lot of whirlpooling without taking all the solids away (mainly the bog paper really which gets air under it and just floats on top of the whirlpool). If there were more "tumbling" involved the air would be let out of the paper and it would sink and flush away.

We bought a fancy and expensive bog a couple of years ago.
It looks good but it's all design over practically, the only way you could actually crap properly and hit the water is by sitting on it facing the wall in the reverse cowboy position.

Action photo ?

Most of them are far to low, especially for anyone with gammy knees or hips.
If they drop any lower they might as well go Arab style and mak do with just a hole in the ground.
Come to think of it, how on Earth do they do the biz if they’ve got gammy joints ?

I’m getting a four inch height extension for ours

I think it's more to do with the shape of the bowl. There's plenty of water and a reasonably powerful flush but the water seems to do a lot of whirlpooling without taking all the solids away (mainly the bog paper really which gets air under it and just floats on top of the whirlpool). If there were more "tumbling" involved the air would be let out of the paper and it would sink and flush away.
Hmm sounds serious :lol:. Probably just a bad design then. Suggest you ask if you can have a sh1te on the one you like before buying.

It’s all about the height, the shape is less important

Certainly the elevation of the cistern above the bowl makes a huge difference. The old bogs where the big cistern was on the wall about six feet up never failed. They were like Victoria Falls. It was an unfortunate person who was still sitting on the pan when those things were flushed.

Certainly the elevation of the cistern above the bowl makes a huge difference. The old bogs where the big cistern was on the wall about six feet up never failed. They were like Victoria Falls.
I’m talking more about the height of the seat. Mine in house is an inch too high, but I will be chilexkung seating elevation when it gets replaced

I’m talking more about the height of the seat. Mine in house is an inch too high, but I will be chilexkung seating elevation when it gets replaced

You must be quite a bit short in the arse.
Trying to picture you sitting there like a five yr old with yer legs dangling in mid air.:lol:

Apropos of nothing, I am reminded of one of best comments I've read on this board, where in a discussion on going to the toilet someone recommended going back to our hominid routes. "With the right diet of vegetation and pulses, and squatting directly onto the forest floor, you shouldn't even need to wipe your arse afterwards."

Apropos of nothing, I am reminded of one of best comments I've read on this board, where in a discussion on going to the toilet someone recommended going back to our hominid routes. "With the right diet of vegetation and pulses, and squatting directly onto the forest floor, you shouldn't even need to wipe your arse afterwards."

Aye, you never see in cave paintings images of early humans wiping their arses with small animals or owt...........

The shape where you can actually position your hoop above the water rather than shitting all over the back of it.
We have one in the downstairs wc which is all wrong in proportion. If you sit correctly on the seat, you smear the back of the ceramic. Sit forward, uncomfortable, but clean.

Make sure you know your trajectory before committing to a purchase.
We bought a fancy and expensive bog a couple of years ago.
It looks good but it's all design over practically, the only way you could actually crap properly and hit the water is by sitting on it facing the wall in the reverse cowboy position.
These types are known as Shit Catchers in the trade.

Our lass has decided she doesn't like the toilet in our house. It doesn't have a very good flush and sometimes requires two flushes to get all the "contents of the bowl" away.

She's formed the impression that the modern-style rectangular bogs are the best and we should get one: I say it's just a fashionable design.

Anyone got any advice? Apart from nipping off your logs so they are smaller and will flush?

Gan on my Mrs says that youwer lass still has to tip the ash from the fire down your netty. You would be better off just getting an indoor bog fitted never mind the shape of the pot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back