Best routine for bulking??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with a routine focused around heavy, multi joint barbell work.

Monday

Squat 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Barbell Row 5x5
Press 5x5
Shrug 5x5
CGBP 3x8
Incline curl 3x8
Ab work

Wednesday
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Bench Press 5x5
Barbell Row 5x5
Press 3x8
Incline curl 3x8
Skullcrusher 3x8
Ab work

Friday
Front Squat 5x10
Incline D Press 5x10
Barbell Row Or Pullup 5x10
Press or Seated Dumbbell press 5x10
Good Morning 3-5x10
Incline flyes 3x10
Side lateral raise 3x10
Face pull 3x10
Curl 3-5x10
BTH tricep extention 3x10
Ab work

That routine was put together by a very knowledgable person that I know, however the concept isn't novel.

Titus, I'm gonna start this on Monday, however its easier at my gym to use Dumbbells instead of Barbell as no rack available. Would doing the routine with mainly Dumbbells be ok or is it better suited for Barbell? Thanks

I'm back into training, looking to get into shape for summer.

Trying to add a bit size now then cut it off later.

Ive got a few questions though, Im slim and im about 6"2, How much should i be eating a day to put some size on while training? Even though im training, will i generally not put fat weight on considering im eating like a horse? How much cardio should i involve in my training? What supplements should i take? Im also wondering, im slim but not entirely skin and bones, and i don't have much definition in my abs, how do i get bigger yet shred across my stomach/pecs?

Cheers.

Titus, I'm gonna start this on Monday, however its easier at my gym to use Dumbbells instead of Barbell as no rack available. Would doing the routine with mainly Dumbbells be ok or is it better suited for Barbell? Thanks

What equipment is available exactly mate?

If you can't focus thet routine around heavy barbell work then I'd advise a different programme

I'm back into training, looking to get into shape for summer.

Trying to add a bit size now then cut it off later.

Ive got a few questions though, Im slim and im about 6"2, How much should i be eating a day to put some size on while training? Even though im training, will i generally not put fat weight on considering im eating like a horse? How much cardio should i involve in my training? What supplements should i take? Im also wondering, im slim but not entirely skin and bones, and i don't have much definition in my abs, how do i get bigger yet shred across my stomach/pecs?

Cheers.

http://www.health-calc.com/

Use the above website to get an estimate of the amount of calories you use per day. Eat around 500kcal more than that says.

With cardio, I still like to include some when "bulking", usually just a couple of sessions per week, nothing excessive.

If anything, creatine monohydrate.

If you can't focus thet routine around heavy barbell work then I'd advise a different programme

http://www.health-calc.com/

Use the above website to get an estimate of the amount of calories you use per day. Eat around 500kcal more than that says.

With cardio, I still like to include some when "bulking", usually just a couple of sessions per week, nothing excessive.

If anything, creatine monohydrate.

according to that i need 3200, there's not enough hours in the day for that. I'm on about 2800 at the minute and i sometime struggle unless i eat rubbish.

according to that i need 3200, there's not enough hours in the day for that. I'm on about 2800 at the minute and i sometime struggle unless i eat rubbish.

3200 shouldn't be too difficult unless you're trying to get it all from lean meats, green veg and brown rice.

Says i need 3400 a day once ive added the 500 you suggested on. How can i increase my calorie intake that much?

For instance i've been weight training but my diet recently has been on average..

Oats with milk for breakfast and a coffee.

3 egg omellete with ham, cheese, tomato and a little bit onion. Yoghurt. Pint of milk. - LUNCH.

Steak or chicken breast with sweet potatoes and broccoli for tea. - TEA.

Shake post exercise and before bed.

Says i need 3400 a day once ive added the 500 you suggested on. How can i increase my calorie intake that much?

For instance i've been weight training but my diet recently has been on average..

Oats with milk for breakfast and a coffee.

3 egg omellete with ham, cheese, tomato and a little bit onion. Yoghurt. Pint of milk. - LUNCH.

Steak or chicken breast with sweet potatoes and broccoli for tea. - TEA.

Shake post exercise and before bed.

Nutrient dense foods. Look beyond the generic "clean" foods too.

Throw in a few bagals, some peanut butter, ice-cream, whatever you enjoy eating that you can fit into your macronutrients. Just don't take that to the extreme and get all of your protein from whey and all of your carbs & fats from ice cream, moderation is important.

Nutrient dense foods. Look beyond the generic "clean" foods too.

Throw in a few bagals, some peanut butter, ice-cream, whatever you enjoy eating that you can fit into your macronutrients. Just don't take that to the extreme and get all of your protein from whey and all of your carbs & fats from ice cream, moderation is important.

Aye. I've spoke to a few people who have said i should just be eating everything in sight. :lol:

Whats the rough timescale on seeing results?

Im being pretty strict in regards to training and diet but to be honest, im a total amateur so the questions im asking are probably ridiculous. I feel over my body, a lot firmer and stronger already in the weeks ive been training, just wondering approximatley on how long before you see clear, visual results.

Free Weights. Benches. Smithkline machine. About every weights machine you can think of. I do have a squat rack in the house but its a pain in the arse keep changing the plates doing the whole range of excercises. Thats why I prefer Dumbbells..........pick up, use, put back. Much quicker as I tend to only have an hour before work to get my routine done.

Cheers for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back