best restaurant in sunderland

Family get together next few days. We need a restaurant - any recommendations - as none of us live in area?

Gabrielles on sea front or Angelo’s if in town centre for italians
For proper steak Miller and Carter ( chain or not i couldnt give s flying...)
Fat Buddha for there sort of carry on is spot on as well

It’s a shame that most of what’s being put forward are not really very good are they, bog standard at best , but I won’t get into the debate as to why that is (and always has been) in the town.
Romano’s is a proper restaurant with lovely food, but not in the city centre obviously.
:lol:

I went to Marco Pierre Whites in Durham at the weekend, 'poor' is the word that springs to mind, plus an extra £30 added to the bill for stuff we hadn't had, be warned

the building itself is spectacular so a drink in the Rotunda is recommended
Happened to me that, went with work, added stuff on. Was expensive for a work night out, and was nice but quite average.

I'm in Louie Louie World Buffet at the moment (anar anar!) and can confirm that it is indeed absolutely f***ing lifting.

Chicken is nothing but overcooked to oblivion. Shredded duck is actually shredded pork. Curries are probably 50% oil, plunge through it to get to the curry underneath. King prawns still in their shells then deep fried with batter on, yum.

Oh also they have cheap shite soft drinks on tap which taste like the water out of your sink after you've washed the dishes.

Jelly could have been wobblier. Cheesecake was like custard that has been left out and formed into a square.

Other than that, really nice.

It's a 2/5 from Mux. 1 point for the fit waitress.

I'm in Louie Louie World Buffet at the moment (anar anar!) and can confirm that it is indeed absolutely f***ing lifting.

Chicken is nothing but overcooked to oblivion. Shredded duck is actually shredded pork. Curries are probably 50% oil, plunge through it to get to the curry underneath. King prawns still in their shells then deep fried with batter on, yum.

Oh also they have cheap shite soft drinks on tap which taste like the water out of your sink after you've washed the dishes.

Jelly could have been wobblier. Cheesecake was like custard that has been left out and formed into a square.

Other than that, really nice.

It's a 2/5 from Mux. 1 point for the fit waitress.
Decent review. All you can eat buffets are really horrid like. Me and me brother used to go wild to go to Big lukes in the metro centre when we were kids. I now know why me mother didn’t want to take us there.

Back