Best place you've ever been

Went to Thailand last year and spent some time in Bangkok and Koh Samui. By far the best places I've ever been. Amazing people, beautiful sights and a complete break from normality.
Where's your favourite places, and why?
Go on down to New Orleans
The greatest place you've ever been
Get on down to the river bed
Dig the music of the Cajun bands
Honky tonk piano, make you feel good
Open your ears to rhythm 'n' blues

Did you love it when you weren't there ?

'kin hell. Artificial place that doesn't need to exist.

Genuinely curious to know why this is ?
She isn’t scared of flying but wants to get off as soon as she can. Funny cos our daughter works for TUI and travels the world and covers long haul so is regularly off to .Mexico, Sri Lanka, Goa, Maldives etc. and she can get us some great deals but Missus won’t have it. Europe or nothing.

Last edited:
She isn’t scared of flying but wants to get off as soon as she can. Funny cos our daughter works for TUI and travels the world and covers long haul so is regularly off to .Mexico, Sri Lanka, Goa, Maldives etc. and she can get us some great deals but Missus won’t have it. Europe or nothing.
Understandable, a shame though.

Pottering about on a windsurfer in the middle of Wast Waster in Wasdale on a calm summers night in the days before the tourists found it. It used to be blissful

Last edited:
A few things, but it depends. Which part of samui are you staying in?
Got a villa up by the big Buddha.
Got a hotel booked on koh phangnan on the 19th for the full moon party.
Done a bit of research like, and got a few things planned, Ang thon and the elephant sanctuary, just wondered what your favourite thing was or if there was anything you did and thought was shite!

Got a villa up by the big Buddha.
Got a hotel booked on koh phangnan on the 19th for the full moon party.
Done a bit of research like, and got a few things planned, Ang thon and the elephant sanctuary, just wondered what your favourite thing was or if there was anything you did and thought was shite!
Next to the grandmother and grandfather rocks there was a class little beach hut bar called the rock bar. 100% worth a visit to both.
I stayed in Lamai, where there wasn't loads to do. Chaweng is good for a night out on the pop.
I'd go and see the waterfalls next to the elephant trek place (don't pay to go for a elephant ride though).
Try and get a boat to take you out for the sunrise as well.

Next to the grandmother and grandfather rocks there was a class little beach hut bar called the rock bar. 100% worth a visit to both.
I stayed in Lamai, where there wasn't loads to do. Chaweng is good for a night out on the pop.
I'd go and see the waterfalls next to the elephant trek place (don't pay to go for a elephant ride though).
Try and get a boat to take you out for the sunrise as well.
Ok, I'm with the wife n kids so not too fussed about gannin out on the pop.
I read mixed reviews on the waterfalls, but I'll give them a look.
It's Definately a no to elephant rides. Hate seeing animals chained up like that

Ok, I'm with the wife n kids so not too fussed about gannin out on the pop.
I read mixed reviews on the waterfalls, but I'll give them a look.
It's Definately a no to elephant rides. Hate seeing animals chained up like that
But you're going to the full moon party :lol: nah, enjoy it mate, it should be class.
Tbh there's not loads to do on the island, so I'd say it's something to see.
Same, a French couple that were there thought it was hilarious but I couldn't stand it.
I got a full island tour of sites organised by the owner of the hotel I was at, and I think I saw everything important within 4 hours

Back