Best place you've ever been

One place I’ll remember was a nowhere beach on way from dong hoi to vung ang, never seen a western there since the 70s they said. General Giap died, was buried close by, now teaming with locals and tourists.

Went to Thailand last year and spent some time in Bangkok and Koh Samui. By far the best places I've ever been. Amazing people, beautiful sights and a complete break from normality.
Where's your favourite places, and why?
Going to koh samui in April.
Anything you'd recommend in particular?

Went to those two places as well and then went to Tijuana for all of about 40mins. My ma' and da' were terrified.
Got drugs planted on us in tijuana.
Worked over in America for a few months and went traveling.
Best time of my life, but had to bribe cops the 3 times I went to Mexican border towns. Once in nuevo loredo where we got done for pissing in the street and had to pay about 20 dollars, once in el paso where we got in a bit of a fight as the barman palmed our dollars and said we'd only given him 1 dollar when we'd given him 50, then had to bribe the police with 50, then coming back from tijuana the cops pulled us over and pulled a bad out full of powder and said it was angel dust and we had to pay about 100 dollars.

Tijuana was a great night mind and not dangerous

Last edited:
I’ve never been far as Missus won’t do long haul. I love Surprise View in the Lake District. For me there is nothing better than spending an evening sitting on the Bourtzi at the entrance to Skiathos harbour. It’s a special place, it really is.

I loved Berlin when I was there.

What's Noosa Heads like? (it sounds like a hot place in the Outback)

Did you love it when you weren't there ?

'kin hell. Artificial place that doesn't need to exist.

I’ve never been far as Missus won’t do long haul. I love Surprise View in the Lake District. For me there is nothing better than spending an evening sitting on the Bourtzi at the entrance to Skiathos harbour. It’s a special place, it really is.
Genuinely curious to know why this is ?

Last edited:

Back