Best place you've ever been

SA Calobra was pretty cool last year. Cycle down to the sea then up a mountain. Mallorca is lush overall. I was expecting it to be all like Magaluf.

New York, coming out of the subway into the middle of time Square is like landing on another planet.

The roof beer garden at the top of a mall in Berlin with live jazz was mint too.

Fjords in Norway at the back end of last year. Felt like I'd landed on another planet it was that breathtaking.
CAn't remember the name of the place but I flew into a small town in Norway years ago with the airport runway out in the sea. Scary stuff.

Other airports of note: The old Hong Kong, Almaty, and loads of Russian and Chinese airports that look like they're only half finished.

Regret not going to Wuppertal when I was in Düsseldorf a few years ago, that suspended train looks amazing.

The Schweiberbahn (sic) !!

Was class. South Tyneside as you probably know is twinned with Wuppertal so first time I went as a kid with the youth club we got to have a blast in the kaiserwagon. It’s basically the posh suspended train used only by VIP’s ! Happy times.

CAn't remember the name of the place but I flew into a small town in Norway years ago with the airport runway out in the sea. Scary stuff.

Other airports of note: The old Hong Kong, Almaty, and loads of Russian and Chinese airports that look like they're only half finished.

Kai Tak was summat else like. Always fancied flying to Lukla Airport.

The Schweiberbahn (sic) !!

Was class. South Tyneside as you probably know is twinned with Wuppertal so first time I went as a kid with the youth club we got to have a blast in the kaiserwagon. It’s basically the posh suspended train used only by VIP’s ! Happy times.
Class! The reason I didn’t go was I hammered the night before and didn’t get out of bed till after two :lol:

Back