Best place you've ever been

What was New Zealand like? I've heard it's good if you like extreme sports, but I'd be terrified of half of them

I did a bungee and skydive but I'm not really into these extreme sports only did them as a tourist type thing, I didn't go just for that though. I enjoy the laid back feel to New Zealand I guess? it doesn't feel massively different from here, but looks really exotic in parts, think I just felt very settled tbh

I did a bungee and skydive but I'm not really into these extreme sports only did them as a tourist type thing, I didn't go just for that though. I enjoy the laid back feel to New Zealand I guess? it doesn't feel massively different from here, but looks really exotic in parts, think I just felt very settled tbh
I'll have to go there at some point. I'm hoping to spend a prolonged amount of time in Asia, but a jaunt over there could well be on the cards

Where's the best place in Switzerland would you say for someone going for the first time?
Either of Basel or Bern are lovely to be honest mate. I would say Basel edges it but Bern has its own little perks as well. There’s a marker in Basel by the river where three counties intertwine; Switzerland, France and Germany. If you go to Bern in the summer you’ll get to see the River in full flow. People jump in and it carries them down, some use it to go to work! You can buy ‘wet bags’ for your belongings. Mind you, it’s not as easy as it looks!

I'll have to go there at some point. I'm hoping to spend a prolonged amount of time in Asia, but a jaunt over there could well be on the cards

Most definitely, I've been a few times now, I got a dirt cheap flight from Kuala Lumpur to Auckland for about £65 each way (12 hours and AirAsia budget seats) still well worth it though!

Either of Basel or Bern are lovely to be honest mate. I would say Basel edges it but Bern has its own little perks as well. There’s a marker in Basel by the river where three counties intertwine; Switzerland, France and Germany. If you go to Bern in the summer you’ll get to see the River in full flow. People jump in and it carries them down, some use it to go to work! You can buy ‘wet bags’ for your belongings. Mind you, it’s not as easy as it looks!
That sounds class :) I'd drown like, but it still sounds mint

Most definitely, I've been a few times now, I got a dirt cheap flight from Kuala Lumpur to Auckland for about £65 each way (12 hours and AirAsia budget seats) still well worth it though!
KL airport is amazing for stuff like that. I could literally spend my whole life jumping from place to place and seeing everything

That sounds class :) I'd drown like, but it still sounds mint

KL airport is amazing for stuff like that. I could literally spend my whole life jumping from place to place and seeing everything
I was 19 when I did it about four or five year ago was I wasn’t a kid but I got a shock. I’m asthmatic too which really didn’t help. He pints afterwards did :cool:

Depends what you mean by best.

I've seen some impressive stuff on my travels but by far the most breathtaking are the great pyramids at Giza. THose things are f***ing massive. I've never seen a photo that does them justice.

Sure it’s a lovely part of the world. Never made it there but spent a bit of time in the likes of Wuppertal / Essen which is in the same neck of the woods. I’ve very fond memories of the place.
Regret not going to Wuppertal when I was in Düsseldorf a few years ago, that suspended train looks amazing.

Depends what you mean by best.

I've seen some impressive stuff on my travels but by far the most breathtaking are the great pyramids at Giza. THose things are f***ing massive. I've never seen a photo that does them justice.
Suppose I mean your favourite place, or somewhere you'd recommend
Is it right that the area surrounding them is awful though? I've heard horror stories about pickpockets when people are getting off the bus

Back