Best place you've ever been

The beautiful hill top town of Barga in Tuscany. We stayed 5 nights in a gorgeous room in a working museum and art gallery called Casa Cordati. When we first arrived we thought shit, we're going to be bored here, but it turned out to be the most incredibly relaxing, foodie holiday I've ever been on. Mixing with the locals in a quiet town known as 'The Most Scottish Town In Italy'*, it was food heaven, culture, incredible views and simply adorable. We've been back for days out when in Lucca and many of the locals we met still say "hi".

*'The Most Scottish Town in Italy': During the Second World War many of the residents of Barga fled the Nazis and settled in the like of Glasgow and Edinburgh and set up restaurants and ice cream shops in Scotland. After the war, many of them, or their descendants returned to Barga, hence the Scottish moniker. Paolo Nutini's father is from Barga and Paolo often visits Barga to chill out in between tours. He often performs impromptu gigs ín town.

Went to Thailand last year and spent some time in Bangkok and Koh Samui. By far the best places I've ever been. Amazing people, beautiful sights and a complete break from normality.
Where's your favourite places, and why?

Sex Tourist
Went to Thailand last year and spent some time in Bangkok and Koh Samui. By far the best places I've ever been. Amazing people, beautiful sights and a complete break from normality.
Where's your favourite places, and why?

That’s between Menteith and Loch Venachar isn’t it? If not there’s a pond that looks exactly like it :lol:
No, mate, it's here (took some finding again :) )

This is the lay-by, if you're ever up that way and there's a gated track to walk up and a couple of different routes to take as you get further up

Google Maps

And the little pond is right in the middle of this pic (I think!)

Google Maps

Last edited:
No, mate, it's here (took some finding again :) )

This is the lay-by, if you're ever up that way and there's a gated track to walk up and a couple of different routes to take as you get further up

Google Maps

And the little pond is right in the middle of this pic (I think!)

Google Maps

Extremely nearby then, but not quite the same place.

Edit: I’m off to Skye next week so hopefully that delivers. Been to Kyle of Lochalsh but never crossed the bridge :lol:

Last edited:
The area around Cape Town. Utterly stunning
Went there during the world cup. Flight got in about 10pm, I got picked up and went straight out for a few beers. Back to the hotel for some shuteye, then up in the morning and straight out. Got back in the afternoon and opened the curtains in the room to a cracking view of Table Mountain. Must have been going around with my eyes shut, I'd not even had a glimpse of it before then. :lol:

Back