Best place to buy some free weights?

I have just been looking at his video re: wrist position on squats as a re-cap. I’d love to book a training session with him.

The Alan thrall videos are ok too.

Jeff cavaliere is another one who has indirectly helped me, especially with deadlift form.
Jeff 'never do this exercise' Cavaliere....

Have you seen the Buff Dudes channel? That's another good one

Jeff 'never do this exercise' Cavaliere....

Have you seen the Buff Dudes channel? That's another good one
Yes they are quite funny!

Jeff has some very useful alternatives and is very pragmatic.

For instance some people start stronglifts 5x5 but don’t have the flexibility to break parallel at squats. When I do barbell rows I use the lowest rack setting below my knees instead of pulling from the floor.

Avoiding injuries is a very important factor for those who aren’t just ramping up the weights as a phallus waving exercise.

Yes they are quite funny!

Jeff has some very useful alternatives and is very pragmatic.

For instance some people start stronglifts 5x5 but don’t have the flexibility to break parallel at squats. When I do barbell rows I use the lowest rack setting below my knees instead of pulling from the floor.

Avoiding injuries is a very important factor for those who aren’t just ramping up the weights as a phallus waving exercise.
I’ve found his “dead rows” a game changer. I’ve always found both paleo rows and rows where the weight doesn’t get returned to the ground after each rep to feel unnatural but that alternative gives me the best of both worlds.

FOR SALE : £50

Maximuscle adjustable bench and squat/bench press rack.

Great condition, new kit bought so no need for it

From a mate in washy

I’ve found his “dead rows” a game changer. I’ve always found both paleo rows and rows where the weight doesn’t get returned to the ground after each rep to feel unnatural but that alternative gives me the best of both worlds.
I haven’t tried those mate but they were on the end of his video about doing rows from just below the knee.

The mental cue of trying to ‘break’ the bar is really working for me. I use quite light weight at 5x5 and aim for excellent form.

He joined exercise for less, which was a love hate thing, he enjoyed using the free weights but wasn't keen on the gym itself, the PT's seem to spend a lot of time and effort trying to sell stuff. never been myself so don't know much about it, he is researching online for some good starting programs, any suggestions on a good training program by chance?

X4L are a bunch of arseholes. More bother than they're worth especially when it comes to cancelling.

My gym is the 24 hour one at the Grindon Mill. £20 a month or £4 a session. More pricey than the big names but has the basics and hardly any egos barring the same 2/3 I refer to on the gym nuggets thread.

If he wants to see if it's his thing in a friendly gym then I'd recommend it.

Back