Best place for timber in Sunderland or south Tyneside area

Nordstoms and Joseph Thompson down Hendon. What you after anyway?
Tbh mate I'm not really a DIY type of person I'm ok but nowt special. but I've watched a few you tube vids and I have an idea about how to make a corner outdoor sofa using pallets. But I want to finish it off by boxing it in but I'm not sure what type of wood to buy

I don't really want to spend loads on the wood so I thought of using fence slatts and maybe sanding them down
Any help would be appreciated mate

Last edited:
Tbh mate I'm not really a DIY type of person I'm ok but nowt special. but I've watched a few you tube vids and I have an idea about how to make a corner outdoor sofa using pallets. But I want to finish it off by boxing it in but I'm not sure what type of wood to buy

I don't really want to spend loads on the wood so I thought of using fence slatts and maybe sanding them down
Any help would be appreciated mate
go for the distressed look, get some floorboards and burn them with a blow torch. Not sure what you mean by a fence slatt.

Shou sugi ban.

Looks class when done correctly.
I'm looking into making a river table with epoxy resin and use it as a bar top. Can get some amazing results if it works as planned. Burning the wood with an electrode to create grooves looks amazing. On my to do list.

Back