Best of ,Greatest hits albums

Two great songs there. You’re not doing your ears rep any good here marra!
Just not for me - 'specially the former. All a bit Matthew & Son innit.

I dinnar - for me sometimes Wellar hits the spot, other times he grates. I think his voice lends itself to some songs better than others as well.

I'll no doubt re-explore the Jam again at some point, but there's anly so many hours in the day isn't there. For now the Very Best of once a year or so will suffice (think I've just decided what to put on in the car next week).

I'd imagine the Joy Division would've struggled to fill a greatest hits album even if things had not gone the way they did.
Apart from a few, both albums are absolute tripe.
Have a like, for your utter ridiculousness.
Monster had some good tracks on it - What's the Frequency Kenneth, Crush with Eyeliner, Bang and Blame. I can't honestly remember any of the tracks on New Adventures - maybe I need to give it another listen. And for their last five albums I think they were phoning it in - the albums mostly 'sound' ok, and they may be good efforts by normal standards, but for one of the most interesting bands of the 80s and 90s there's really not a lot to engage with in my opinion.

Exile on Main Street and Sticky Fingers are great albums.

If anyone wants to get into Springsteen then go for the Live 75-85 album. That should lead them into the albums the songs came from.
The river, with the rap at the beginning - f***ing spine tingling.
As are Let Bleed, Beggars Banquet, and my current favourite, Goats Head Soup.
All the mick Taylor albums together are the greatest hits. They were shite before and after.

Last edited:
Each to their own. They begin at let it bleed and end at goats heed soup as a band for me like. Can’t understand why they and Ron wood brought out the worst of each other in term of quality.

well, it was probably crack and heroin, I suppose.

All the mick Taylor albums together are the greatest hits. They were shite before and after.
:lol: :lol:

Yeaaa, that prolific of writers, Mick Taylor.
They begin at let it bleed and end at goats heed soup as a band for me like. Can’t understand why they and Ron wood brought out the worst of each other in term of quality.

Taylor's barely on Let It Bleed and his best work comes after Goats Head Soup, on "Time Waits For No One" from 'It's Only Rock 'n Roll' - after the period you assessed as the best.

Last edited:
Each to their own. They begin at let it bleed and end at goats heed soup as a band for me like. Can’t understand why they and Ron wood brought out the worst of each other in term of quality.

That was definitely their last great album.

Back