Best meal you’ve had

No idea we are going for pig head when go. I have been down that way a few times for beers and the smell from the fire kitchen is unreal.
I've just realised this is a local place and you're looking forward to going. After the ropey Indian butcher's pic I thought ya were posting stuff ya wouldn't fancy. :lol:

Left it too late to book when we went and didnt get in. Went to Kloof St House or something instead. Wasn't quite the same....but the atmospwhere was good.
We booked in October for the following February and even then were only able to get lunch! Dinner was booked up way in advance. It was an incredible experience though. We were seated at the bar that looked into the kitchen which we were a bit disappointed about at first but it was amazing watching them at work.
Best thing was the price, eating out and pretty much everything else over there is so cheap. We did the more expensive wine pairing with what I think was an 8 course meal and it was about €250 for two which is not cheap but would've been at least twice that in a michelin star restaurant at home

Despite eating in some top notch establishments it’s all about the memories and how a dish makes you feel for me.
My Ganny’s Sunday dinners, dry meat and pressure cooked cabbage in all honesty but what I wouldn’t give for another mouthful.
A table covered in fresh prawns, crusty bread and crisp white wine at a friends house in a Swedish fishing village.
A kebab in Berlin after one too many pilsners. Even my own Sunday dinners, it’s the whole occasion, the smells, the ceremony. I’d take that over fine dining to be honest.

Fillet steak (blue) with dauphonise potatoes from an Argentinean Steakhouse in Paderborn Germany. Can't for the life of me remember the name but the steak was melt in the mouth gorgeous even though it was blue.
The Argentinean steak houses in Paderborn are all superb. The best meals I had in Germany were in a small, family run restaurant in Bad Lippspringe called Zur Quelle. Tried almost all of the dishes on the menu and we were never disappointed.

We booked in October for the following February and even then were only able to get lunch! Dinner was booked up way in advance. It was an incredible experience though. We were seated at the bar that looked into the kitchen which we were a bit disappointed about at first but it was amazing watching them at work.
Best thing was the price, eating out and pretty much everything else over there is so cheap. We did the more expensive wine pairing with what I think was an 8 course meal and it was about €250 for two which is not cheap but would've been at least twice that in a michelin star restaurant at home

Very jealous mate. Sure I set a reminder to book....and then couldnt get in. This will have been my fault...

Cape Town is incredibly cheap isnt it!

Had some spectacular meals over the years but one I can’t forget was this Israeli owned place at bondi overlooking the beach that a mate was a chef at. They did marinaded lamb kebabs with hummus, salad & chips.
The place wasn’t anything special and the meal doesn’t sound too special but there was something about it that was just spot on. We’d go there as much as we could with a few mates and we’d all order the same thing.
The owners shut the restaurant and went into supplying other places as they got sick of working restaurant hours themselves, we were gutted.

A three courser for Sunday Lunch in 2 Michelin Star Hotel du Golf in the Rhone Alpes about an hours drive from Grenoble. Only cost 45euro with a couple of glasses of wine.

Probably hotpot in Chengdu for my most memorable. Blindingly hot but tasted amazing

Restaurant Story in that London for one of the most fun, utterly random at times but v clever

I’ll add that Cape Town food is great, the seafood is tremendous

Back