Best meal you’ve had

In terms of pure satisfaction from eating it, it's me old man's Sunday roast. Been ~5 years since I last had one but think about it every Sunday.

Sprawled out on the sofa drinking coffee and watching the footie all day; family all gathered round the table having a bit crack on; helping the old man doing the washing up and having a few beers.

Best kind of Sunday that

Priceless .

I did mention the other day, when in Cairns, I had kangaroo, crocodile, camel and ostrich/emu(?) which was absolutely lovely.

More recently the beef I had at 21 in Newcastle was probably the best meal I’ve had in this country.

For ambience/experience I’ll go with the steak I had on Sydney Harbour at a restaurant called Squires Landing, looking out onto the bridge and opera house.
@king of the road

Even more exotic than Cape Town. Don't see you piling into him. That chip come back has it?
Had a cracking meal at a place called Tedfords in Belfast, lamb main course was superb.
Dacqua is in my top ten. Lovely meal. Good beer and with my parents.

D’Acqua is tremendous mind, be interesting to see what his next project is after he’s sold up.
The whole experience was excellent. Took the wife pre bairn and parents. Food drink ambience staff everything was just good. Really enjoyed it.

Similar to the fish place down next to gypsy field in sheels. Went there for my dad's 70th. Thought it was excellent.

Either chefs table at Raby Hunt
Or Villa Joya in Portugal which was class. The latter probably shades the first but it was interesting to be able to watch the work that the chefs team put in at RH.

Think mine was up in Edinburgh in a nice restaurant. It was ox cheek served on a bed of mash with greens and a red wine sauce. Beautiful soft meat that just fell apart. I did have a few Malbec’s before hand which may have swayed my judgement 🍷

This place Cielo in Ostuni. Amazing tasting menu and pretty much the perfect evening.

Either chefs table at Raby Hunt
Or Villa Joya in Portugal which was class. The latter probably shades the first but it was interesting to be able to watch the work that the chefs team put in at RH.

Still have our deposit down for here. Been rearranged about 8 times cause of covid.

I've never heard the expression "My bairn's grandad" before. Unless you have a very interesting family tree it is surely either your dad or your father-in-law?? Soz if I'm thick !

Maybe he should have used the Matt Hancock method of describing people totally unrelated to him as a close family member!

The ones that I recall are a steak in a Spanish village somewhere near Alicante, delicious - A fishfest in a restaurant near the port building in Lisbon harbour and a very nice tasting menu in the Black Swan, before Tommy went all showbiz

You’ve just reminded me on an amazing campfire breakfast I made for us one year. Tin of beans and tomatoes in the fire. Some mushrooms slid over a tent peg and placed beside the fir. Toast was cooked the same way. I then cooked sausage bacon then eggs on a saw, as we’d forgotten the pan, beautiful

Alright stop showing off 😉
Camping breakfasts are tremendous sat outside the tent deep into sausages and scad in the early morning when no one else is up . Especially if there's a view to be had

Most memorable were Yak stew,tsampa and butter tea in tibet,or the oysters with a squirt of calamansi juice i grilled on a beach in siquijor in the embers of a fire,best tasting was a thai street food vendor known simply as jai fai,she has a michelin star.
Logon or register to see this image

I’ve seen her on the tv. Think it was part of a series on Netflix

Back