Best meal you’ve had

So far this month we’ve had posts about your seven figure house purchase, a brand new Tesla and now a meal in Cape Town.

Best for me was the Full English I had in 2018 at the Red Lion, Benidorm. Lush after 8 pints of Stella.
If people cannot enjoy themselves in the Dorm, they cannot enjoy themselves.

Drove all the way to the mull of Galloway after finishing a shift at work to go night fishing. on the way back about 7 in the morning, cold, knackered and hungry we stopped at bakery and bought some bread buns and heated a tin of westlers burgers on the stove in the back of the van. Probably not the best meal I've had but at the time the best thing I've ever tasted.

Had many incredible meals but in terms of good food done well it probably has to be Fleurs Place in New Zealand. Menu is just whatever the boats catch that morning and the chef decides to do with it. Fleur insists on meeting all the guests and chatting as well which was a lovely touch.

So far this month we’ve had posts about your seven figure house purchase, a brand new Tesla and now a meal in Cape Town.

Best for me was the Full English I had in 2018 at the Red Lion, Benidorm. Lush after 8 pints of Stella.
We haven't but continue to thrap yourself dry. Where's the furthest you've been?

I would have to say my Mam's fish and chips. Even more so as I haven't had them for the last 12 years. She used to par boil her chips way before it was a 'thing' and they were crunchy and fluffy inside. I'll never attempt them, especially as I hate the smell of hot fat.

So much of its about time and place.
For example a bit of a mass fry up outside a tent when camping while downing a cold one post hike and ravenous .
Watching the breakers come in at Biarritz with a 3 tier assiett de fruit mare and a muscadet.
Fine dining at a Michelin or a curry at a Goan beach shack
Hard to say what's been most enjoyable . I love bait me 😊

Haway man try, there’s always one that sticks in your head
I did mention the other day, when in Cairns, I had kangaroo, crocodile, camel and ostrich/emu(?) which was absolutely lovely.

More recently the beef I had at 21 in Newcastle was probably the best meal I’ve had in this country.

For ambience/experience I’ll go with the steak I had on Sydney Harbour at a restaurant called Squires Landing, looking out onto the bridge and opera house.

So much of its about time and place.
For example a bit of a mass fry up outside a tent when camping while downing a cold one post hike and ravenous .
Watching the breakers come in at Biarritz with a 3 tier assiett de fruit mare and a muscadet.
Fine dining at a Michelin or a curry at a Goan beach shack
Hard to say what's been most enjoyable . I love bait me 😊

You’ve just reminded me on an amazing campfire breakfast I made for us one year. Tin of beans and tomatoes in the fire. Some mushrooms slid over a tent peg and placed beside the fir. Toast was cooked the same way. I then cooked sausage bacon then eggs on a saw, as we’d forgotten the pan, beautiful
I did mention the other day, when in Cairns, I had kangaroo, crocodile, camel and ostrich/emu(?) which was absolutely lovely.

More recently the beef I had at 21 in Newcastle was probably the best meal I’ve had in this country.

For ambience/experience I’ll go with the steak I had on Sydney Harbour at a restaurant called Squires Landing, looking out onto the bridge and opera house.

Alright stop showing off 😉

Last edited:

Back