Best meal you’ve had

Back in 1981..a warm September night in the restaurant atop the Peak in Hong Kong. Before it got all fancied up and touristy.

Lovely Chinese meal and some Tiger beer, watching all the lights, the planes come in and go from what was then Kowloon airport and the Star ferry sailing back and forth from the island. Lovely lass by my side and a planned trip into China the next day.

What happened with the lovely lass

I've never heard the expression "My bairn's grandad" before. Unless you have a very interesting family tree it is surely either your dad or your father-in-law?? Soz if I'm thick !
Aye because everyone in the world with kids is happily married 😂

Home made chicken and veg pie with creamed mashed potatoes and steepy mushy peas, with gravy, followed by home made chocolate sponge cake and custard.
There's been many others but one's like this make me beg for it to never end.

Ya still haven’t weshed the gravy off ya top man

Mine was a crispy duck in plum sauce from down Teesdale somewhere, unreal it was!

Always wanted to go back to the place but I didn't until years later when it popped up on my delivery list when I was on the drays.

Saw the state of the cellar and its fair to say I'd never dream of setting foot in the place again. Horrific.

Back