Best meal you’ve had

Fillet steak (blue) with dauphonise potatoes from an Argentinean Steakhouse in Paderborn Germany. Can't for the life of me remember the name but the steak was melt in the mouth gorgeous even though it was blue.

I’ve always loved fillet but the other cuts definitely have more flavour, and if cooked correctly are so much better tasting
KFC bucket thing with about 6 slices of bread and butter in Shepherds Bush after Sunday sesh and not much to eat on a weekend visit to my mate's in 85.

A friend of mine (R.I.P.) used to work in the butcher's on Villette Road in the 70s told me calf's cheeks and sheep's brains were put aside for the money people up The Cedars and other posh streets.

Don’t think I could bring myself to eat brains, it’s seems more like a bushtucker trail.

Last edited:

Nutters restaurant near Rochdale during November 2019.

Spring roll canapes with a dipping sauce.
Root vegetable soup with some fantastic bread.
Smoked haddock with a pearl barley risotto.
Stone bass with a red pepper sauce.
Beef fillet with fondant potato and winter veg.
Assiette of puddings.
Coffee and petit fours.

We didn't stop at the chippy on the way home.

Nutters restaurant near Rochdale during November 2019.

Spring roll canapes with a dipping sauce.
Root vegetable soup with some fantastic bread.
Smoked haddock with a pearl barley risotto.
Stone bass with a red pepper sauce.
Beef fillet with fondant potato and winter veg.
Assiette of puddings.
Coffee and petit fours.

We didn't stop at the chippy on the way home.

Surly you could have shared a bag of chips

For me it’s usually the time/place/occasion/view, not really the food. The cliff in koh samui on honeymoon, same holiday but a little local restaurant across the road from the hotel, some restaurant in a windmill in santorini, Alain Ducasse for my mams 60th for the look on her face (even though we all sent the first course back)

For me it’s usually the time/place/occasion/view, not really the food. The cliff in koh samui on honeymoon, same holiday but a little local restaurant across the road from the hotel, some restaurant in a windmill in santorini, Alain Ducasse for my mams 60th for the look on her face (even though we all sent the first course back)

Well now we’re talking about something different and I have a time place and setting meal I remember really well. We’d gone to Mexico for a wedding and spent around a week on a all inclusive resort.

It was amazing and huge with a lot of different restaurants but still there for another week we were desperate to get out and about. Went into the city and my dad took my daughter so me and my wife could have a little time by ourselves.

We walked around and one restaurant stood out it was jam packed and people were queuing outside. We got a table and I ordered two mains. A flame grilled steak and enchiladas.

It was Devine sitting watching the world go by as we stuffed our faces

Did a canny bike ride to Kircudbright once when up on the West Coast, on my own and got fish and chips.

Was lush just sat on my own watching the boats and shit bringing fresh fish in

Loads ,most cheap,most probably bad for you but timing and the place of paramount importance .
Had a bit of a gourmet moment in Italy last October ,pizza,grill type place ,grilled chicken and mushrooms and home made chips with strong Germany lager.Overlooking lake bracciano

Back