Best Manc band...

New Order/The Smiths. But The Stone Roses debut album is the best of all time in my eyes plus them (and the Monday’s) were the first band to dress like us so you can’t underestimate the impact they had at the time. Plus although I wouldn’t put them as the best band from Manchester by any stretch 808 State were fantastic when they first emerged. Anyone who says Oasis is a medically certified simpleton.

Birth place of band members largely academic surely. Place where band first formed is the deciding factor. Roxy Music are not a NE band just because Bryan Ferry born here. Its because he formed the band here. Which is why Police are not a NE band because Andy Summers born here. They formed in London.

Yeah, I think JD count as Manchester despite Curtis being from Macc.

Crucially, Tony Wilson spotted them at a a gig in Manchester.

I'm not sure but in terms of churning out quality Manchester as a city stands a mile above the rest. No other city comes close for me in terms of a 'scene'.

New Order/The Smiths. But The Stone Roses debut album is the best of all time in my eyes plus them (and the Monday’s) were the first band to dress like us so you can’t underestimate the impact they had at the time. Plus although I wouldn’t put them as the best band from Manchester by any stretch 808 State were fantastic when they first emerged. Anyone who says Oasis is a medically certified simpleton.

This for me.

I like the first 2 Oasis albums, but they aren't The Smiths and New Order are the best.

Back