Best Man Speeches

L

Lexingtongue

Writing one, finding it more difficult than I'd ever imagined. Any tips, oh wise SMB?

Make the jokes things everyone understands, best man at mine gave me loads of abuse but only about 5or 6 people knew what he was talking about so the room stayed silent for most of it.

this 1 million per cent ! just invent the jokes
worst best man speech I saw was where only the groom and the best man laughed at his stories, because they were the only 2 there. I've done it myself 3 times since, and vowed never to do that

I’ve done 3.

Once you get your first laugh you soon relax into it.

Google best man speeches to find the structure of it, some decent opening lines you can use and few key points. Thank bridesmaids say the bride looks beautiful etc.

Take the piss out of groom a bit. Tell a funny story and make jokes of his known faults or daft things he’s done.

It's hard doing a best man's speech. I couldn't really enjoy myself until it was finished then I downed about three pints super quickly. I did stuff about how the couple met and how I'd got to know the groom. Spent ages thinking of things that I could use as a play on words or pun. People don't mind a bit of cheese as long as you sell it right

Thing of the past in my opinion, best man really doesn’t want do it, guests dont want to listen to it and groom could definitely do without.
Didnt have any speeches at my wedding

When I get round to marriage, im wanting to avoid the whole speech malarky. I dont want to do a groom speech, dont want someone speaking about me. In fact id just not bother with the whole of the middle bit of the day as its the worst bit. Just go straight from ceremony to the piss up.

When I get round to marriage, im wanting to avoid the whole speech malarky. I dont want to do a groom speech, dont want someone speaking about me. In fact id just not bother with the whole of the middle bit of the day as its the worst bit. Just go straight from ceremony to the piss up.
We got married and just paid for everyone to eat and drink in a restaurant. No speeches nowt. Fuck all that man. Boring those weddings where everyone is wearing what they’re told to and the day is mapped out. Just make it the best day you can think of.

We got married and just paid for everyone to eat and drink in a restaurant. No speeches nowt. Fuck all that man. Boring those weddings where everyone is wearing what they’re told to and the day is mapped out. Just make it the best day you can think of.
My worst nightmare is doing a speech. I've daughters so I'll have to do the father of the bride thing. I get nervous even thinking about. Not kidding.

My worst nightmare is doing a speech. I've daughters so I'll have to do the father of the bride thing. I get nervous even thinking about. Not kidding.
I felt the same when I did mine. Was stressed for weeks. Just absolutely pointless. Hopefully tradition will have changed when your lasses are up.

Back