Best local location for crashing wave pics?

• Thread starter Icarebecauseyoudo
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's arncliffe woods anyway, the one I know is way down by swainby?[DOUBLEPOST=1391704024][/DOUBLEPOST]
steam every week?
yep, unless it broke down and had to be replaced !

also, how much steam do these things puff out as they're slowing right down. This spot ive seen is right next to one of its stops will be crawling.

also, how much steam do these things puff out as they're slowing right down. This spot ive seen is right next to one of its stops will be crawling.
Loads if trying to accelerate .... not much if braking

North is best at Ribblehead as that's uphill

Don't get nearly so much going south

Where's arncliffe woods anyway, the one I know is way down by swainby?[DOUBLEPOST=1391704024][/DOUBLEPOST]
yep, unless it broke down and had to be replaced !
right next to Glaisdale station. theres a slight opening on the river bank, with the train line on the other side, I'd be shooting directly into the sun but as i say its would have only risen for 15 minutes so might be dark still.

this is the spot, i've marked on where i think the line is.

Logon or register to see this image

right next to Glaisdale station. theres a slight opening on the river bank, with the train line on the other side, I'd be shooting directly into the sun but as i say its would have only risen for 15 minutes so might be dark still.

this is the spot, i've marked on where i think the line is.

Nice one. Blink and you miss it like. But that goes for all train photography[DOUBLEPOST=1391704490][/DOUBLEPOST]I can see the spot on google Shame it's not autumn

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one. Blink and you miss it like. But that goes for all train photography
just whether or not to gamble taking a day off and the early rise. I'll see how the weather is meant to be but I've got to think the trees will be bare, the lack of light meaning a high ISO, and probably the lack of steam as it will be neigh on crawling due to that spot being a 2 minute walk from a station its stopping at.

just whether or not to gamble taking a day off and the early rise. I'll see how the weather is meant to be but I've got to think the trees will be bare, the lack of light meaning a high ISO, and probably the lack of steam as it will be neigh on crawling due to that spot being a 2 minute walk from a station its stopping at.
Yeah, I think you've assessed the the downsides now lol

All kinds of things can go wrong

Was at Rhead once and the fucker just didn't turn up

Turned out to have gone through 30 mins early lol

Photography has taught me to be a pessimist.
Miserable fecker;)

I like the location a lot, but no leaves, not much light, prolly no steam

Go down to Rhead on a sunny Sat afternoon and I'll join you if I can

just seen larpool viaduct, want it go under there!

Also realise the sunrise is 7.14 today, next week its 7.30. 15 minutes more light...

tar to you too, you've got me interested again :)[DOUBLEPOST=1391709812][/DOUBLEPOST]Nice, but all of these news photos look a little bit doctored nowadays. Tower looks enchanced

tar to you too, you've got me interested again :)[DOUBLEPOST=1391709812][/DOUBLEPOST]Nice, but all of these news photos look a little bit doctored nowadays. Tower looks enchanced

took a while but you got it back on topic!

Wouldn't mind getting to shoot some of the steam tho, have asked the local model railway club if they know of any good spots

They do a massive exhibition every year at Perth Green, one of the best in UK by all accounts, I took some photos for the leaflets they distribute and adverts in magazines of a couple of models, an engine that used to run through Brockley Whins from the Tyne up to Consett and a diesel that used to run the coast line called Sunderland AFC.
This is a mock up of what they wanted it for.

Poster Mock up by madmackem, on Flickr

aye looks canny there, at 9.30 the sun will be right over the topping.
Aye, that's a problem

The railway crossing not a problem, you can access it from the north via a few footpaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back