Best local location for crashing wave pics?

• Thread starter Icarebecauseyoudo
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Icarebecauseyoudo

Seaham would you say?

Looks very stormy tomorrow, high tide at 3pm

Tynemouth pier is always canny. Giz a shout if you're heading there and I might pop along...

Doubt i would bother going that far tbh mate, an extra 30 mins to get there from here

Seaham is always a good bet when it's stormy, but you need a good NE-E wind. Same with Hendon prom. Hendon, maybe do the middle looking South, there will probably be fishermen there as a focal point. If not do the Southern end towards the 'falls' but make sure yer locking wheel nuts are intact. Ryhope might be worth a look shooting South towards the 'boathouse' as is the 'target' left of Syksies old place. Low tide better for the target imho.

South Westerly winds this weekend so nothing on the east coast will be any good. Wild here at the moment but dark!

Think Im going to Whitby tomorrow like, what will that be like?

Just been told we are going to the lakes instead - Looks like I'm getting wet again :-( no idea where abouts but lads want to shoot some waterfalls, like I haven't seen many of them last week!!

South Westerly winds this weekend so nothing on the east coast will be any good. Wild here at the moment but dark!

North westerlys I read, so Whitby perhaps the the best location

Cannot be arrrrsseed with that tortuous drive

Looks like it is dropping anyway

Anything from the West though will mean no swell on the East Coast, so waves yes, but not high ones.

Storm surge tomorrow

I might be too chicken to go out though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back