Best live act?

Saw them twice within about a month , firstly at Middlesbrough Town hall, then at Newcastle arena.
The boro gig was far better IMO - possibly cos it was a smaller venue - really good sound and atmosphere

Don't seem bad in front of a huge audience, in a large venue, either marra.

Another worth a mention are these - frontmen are natural showmen or they aren't, imho.

There must have been many bands/artists who have put on brilliant live shows over the years.

Live to me means just that, not pre recorded loops "played" by non musicians - sorry to Depeche Mode advocates but whereas I loved their sound it could never be described as "live".

Having said that there were, probably, more at Woodstock than anywhere else, before or since.

If, instead, the thread title was changed to "Best live track ever?" I think it would be hard to argue against this one.

For a (then) little known singer to take a well known Beatles song and make it his own takes some beating.

There must have been many bands/artists who have put on brilliant live shows over the years.

Live to me means just that, not pre recorded loops "played" by non musicians - sorry to Depeche Mode advocates but whereas I loved their sound it could never be described as "live".

Having said that there were, probably, more at Woodstock than anywhere else, before or since.

If, instead, the thread title was changed to "Best live track ever?" I think it would be hard to argue against this one.

For a (then) little known singer to take a well known Beatles song and make it his own takes some beating.
Sorry like but it's shite. I've never got the wankfest around Joe Cocker, he's just a one song, hoarse chancer.

Back