Best live act?

Kid Galahad

Striker
Just watching George Michael live in London and what a performer he is, up there with the King for me, who would you say? Freddie was always class and Jeff Lynn in Hyde park was superb, anyone better or as good as these in your opinion?

Superb band who know how to put on a live performance.

I would love to have seen Floyd live.

A group of us went to see them perform The Wall by the Berlin wall not long after it collapsed. I enjoyed it but it may have been the occasion more than the performance itself. The massive pink piggy was pretty impressive though.

Just watching George Michael live in London and what a performer he is, up there with the King for me, who would you say? Freddie was always class and Jeff Lynn in Hyde park was superb, anyone better or as good as these in your opinion?
I've seen Bob Dylan. Probably the worst gig I've ever been to. Seen the Stones in about 2003, decades after their best work but they were still good. Seen Stevie Wonder, f***ing incredible. Gladys Knight was spine tingling even though she was many years past her best. Radiohead, brilliant every time. Joe Strummer was outstanding, playing loads of Clash stuff. Queens of The Stone Age amazing every time. The Stone Roses back in the 90s were class. I honestly think though that the best gig I've ever been to was The Specials gig in Newcastle, the first gig they'd played in 30 years and you could tell they were buzzing as well. I've seen them since and they were a solid 8.5 out of 10 but not a patch on that first gig.

U2 or Bruce Springsteen, take your pick.
I've seen U2, can I pick The Specials?

Last edited:
I've seen Bob Dylan. Probably the worst gig I've ever been to. Seen the Stones in about 2003, decades after their best work but they were still good. Seen Stevie Wonder, f***ing incredible. Gladys Knight was spine tingling even though she was many years past her best. Radiohead, brilliant every time. Joe Strummer was outstanding, playing loads of Clash stuff. Queens of The Stone Age amazing every time. The Stone Roses back in the 90s were class. I honestly think though that the best gig I've ever been to was The Specials gig in Newcastle, the first gig they'd played in 30 years and you could tell they were buzzing as well. I've seen them since and they were a solid 8.5 out of 10 but not a patch on that first gig.
Was The Specials at the academy? If so I was there, quality! Best I've seen in person is The Mavericks, closely followed by Steve Earle and the Dukes at the Mayfair, awesome.

Jeff Lynne's alright but, my word, you like shite music.
:cool:

It's too subjective imho. Musically for me it's a toss up between QOTSA, Gorillaz, Blur and Radioheed, but sheer enjoyment of the atmosphere there's loads, not all of whom will meet with SMB approval :)
I've thoroughly enjoyed Peter Andre, Mika and God help me Olly Murs purely because everyone else is enjoying it so much.

Was The Specials at the academy? If so I was there, quality! Best I've seen in person is The Mavericks, closely followed by Steve Earle and the Dukes at the Mayfair, awesome.

:cool:
:lol:
It was the Academy gig. The atmosphere was electric beforehand, loads of flat tops, Fred Perry shirts and braces. The gadgies were dressed reet up n all.

Foo fighters then Metallica
Seen them both, good but not top level stunning.

Probably Toploader.
Have you got a donor card mate? Those ears are wasted on you.

It's too subjective imho. Musically for me it's a toss up between QOTSA, Gorillaz, Blur and Radioheed, but sheer enjoyment of the atmosphere there's loads, not all of whom will meet with SMB approval :)
I've thoroughly enjoyed Peter Andre, Mika and God help me Olly Murs purely because everyone else is enjoying it so much.
Do me a favour mate, can you delete the second half of that post?

Last edited:
Prince, Talking Heads, R.E.M, Specials, The Jam were great live and probably the best gigs I’ve been too.
Springsteen’s a bit cabaret for me. U2 can fuck off. The Stones and The Who just made me wish I’d seen them 30 years earlier.
Madonna, Michael Jackson and Take That put on great shows but I doubt I like a handful of their songs combined.

Back