Best Italian restaurants for pizza

In Sunderland. Any suggestions? Preferably somewhere that has a proper log fire pizza oven.

not sure they have any wood fired pizza ovens at any restaurants in the North East? Somebody should start one up though. Plenty of choice up in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, etc... there appears to be a mobile one in or near Sunderland. see link... Pizza Loco in North of England and Yorkshire:

Pizza Loco

not sure they have any wood fired pizza ovens at any restaurants in the North East? Somebody should start one up though. Plenty of choice up in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, etc... there appears to be a mobile one in or near Sunderland. see link... Pizza Loco in North of England and Yorkshire:

Pizza Loco
Log fire pizza truck, soon to be opening a restaurant in durham iirc.

Think hidden gem in the town might have one. Even if they don't the pizzas are great.

Pizza Loco
I went to a wedding evening a few months ago at a place near corbridge called Healey Barn. They had wood fired pizza ovens and the pizzas were unreal. Best I've tasted in this country.

It's a shame there isn't any restaurants in thet north east that do them. Maybe I was optimistic to think there was one in Sunderland. There's definitely a gap in the market for one. That pizza loco looks good btw.

Think Divinos next to the Winter Gardens had a wood fired oven. Class pizzas. Unfortunately, nobody ever went there and they moved to Jesmond.

Pizza Loco
Er there’s absolutely loads man. There’s one 5 mins walk from me for starters.

The Italian kitchen do lovely authentic pizzas , usually we get them to takeaway from their place on sea road - not bloody deep pan like dominos

Pizza Loco
There is a van. Porsche booked it for their hospitality at the Bella Auto show in Northumberland last year and it is fantastic. Can’t remember what they call themselves though.

Thirsk has a restaurant with a wood fired pizza oven. It’s very good.

Think Divinos next to the Winter Gardens had a wood fired oven. Class pizzas. Unfortunately, nobody ever went there and they moved to Jesmond.

They didn't, was just like one of those big takeaway ovens.

The Italian Farmhouse at the Roker did though, however its now 'Antico' and haven't been so not sure it's still there.

Back