Best Indian Takeaway in South Sunlun

The Barnes Indian has been spot on the last couple of times I've ordered from there. Fella gave me a free sag aloo and some pappadoms narl so can't complain.

Don't know. Just noticed they were changing the name last week.
Vachan is the nearest Indian takeaway to where I live at East Herra but I never use it. If it's got new owners I'll give it another try. Just a name change I won't bother.
There's an Indian on the bridge at New Herrington. It must hold the UK record for the number of owners and name changes. It's never had decent consistent food though which probably explains why it keeps closing and reopening.

1 - RisQ @ Herrington Bridge
2 - Indian Style @ Barnes
3 - Spice Empire @ Town Centre

Special mention to Shans @ Silksworth who is my go to when I’ve had a drink and can’t get to any of the ones above, always consistently good, but our lass isn’t keen.

Vachan is the nearest Indian takeaway to where I live at East Herra but I never use it. If it's got new owners I'll give it another try. Just a name change I won't bother.
There's an Indian on the bridge at New Herrington. It must hold the UK record for the number of owners and name changes. It's never had decent consistent food though which probably explains why it keeps closing and reopening.
There's a distinct lack of decent takeaways in the SR3 postcode like.

There's a distinct lack of decent takeaways in the SR3 postcode like.
I've been using the Thorndale the last few years and they are ok since the makeover of the shop. Before that it was the prospect but over the years I've done them all in this area. I prefer to collect rather then delivery so stay local.

I noticed at the weekend the name has changed to Aman's. I'm wondering if it's new owners or the old lot with a name change?

Mate I’m absolutely gutted if it’s a compete change. It’s the best Indian takeaway I’ve had and I’ve tried a lot. The flavour they get into their curries are tremendous. The tikka chicken chilli masala balti is ridiculous.

EDIT: just read your other post and see you don’t like it. Oops. Each to their own I suppose

I've had one from there fairly recently and it was crap.

Really? What did you get? Had it changed name by then?

Last edited:
Ruchi Htlton road is very good also. We have an Indians once a month on a Sunday and they do a 3 course special for £10. Sometimes the Madras isn't as hot as I would like but still packed with flavour.

Mate I’m absolutely gutted if it’s a compete change. It’s the best Indian takeaway I’ve had and I’ve tried a lot. The flavour they get into their curries are tremendous. The tikka chicken chilli masala balti is ridiculous.

EDIT: just read your other post and see you don’t like it. Oops. Each to their own I suppose

Really? What did you get? Had it changed name by then?
I've just tried Amans and it and it was very good. The Keema nan was excellent, the Dhansak was a bit too hot but tasted great. Everything looked good as well as tasting good so it will probably be my firse choice takeaway now.

Forhans is superb

Great how they do a special every night of the week too :cool:

Forhans, Castletown

Linked to Goa IIRC.
It’s on Hylton Road now where Zeba was

MK Curry in the heart of the Bengali ‘ghetto’ of Eden Vale. Never had a bad one from there, and that’s the only one in Sunderland I can say that about. Top quality.
Gone shite since they got new owners imo

Last edited:
Forhans is superb

Great how they do a special every night of the week too :cool:

It’s on Hylton Road now where Zeba was

Gone shite since they got new owners imo

Agree about MK like.

Haven't been back since I last got one.

Had a run of about 10 weeks in a row going there then changed owners and it was bland

Back