Best gas and electric company to go with?

Use Martin Lewis’s comparison site mate ‘Cheap Energy Club’. He has exclusive deals for his members through certain suppliers and you also get £25 cashback every time you switch.
Use this, I’ve gone from Bulb to Shell and for a 3 bed house I pay £54 total for gas and lecy, keep looking for cheaper deals and question if your prices go up and then look elsewhere, don’t sign up for one with exit charges.

Switched to Octopus a few months ago but still no replacement smart meter...
I honestly can't fathom how difficult it is to get a smart meter in today's day and age. It's not as if they are new technology, they've been around for years.

I switched to EDF last year as it was the cheapest deal at the time, but they didn't offer a smart meter and it was a right chew on faffing about inputting readings every five minutes. Switched to British Gas this year purely so I could get one, however once again upon entering my details they say they are not available in my area. I live in the middle of Sunderland, not some mud hut in the congo.

I honestly can't fathom how difficult it is to get a smart meter in today's day and age. It's not as if they are new technology, they've been around for years.

I switched to EDF last year as it was the cheapest deal at the time, but they didn't offer a smart meter and it was a right chew on faffing about inputting readings every five minutes. Switched to British Gas this year purely so I could get one, however once again upon entering my details they say they are not available in my area. I live in the middle of Sunderland, not some mud hut in the congo.

Don't know what the fuss is about with smart meters. There's fuck all to do these days, meters readings and the wee wheel of fortune thing is a days entertainment :lol:

Why nor.Works out cheaper

logburner is on loads aswell.

What I have noticed on visiting people’s houses this time of year is the amount of people who are sitting in their own house with a hoodie or a fleece on.f***ing mental that.

I'm sat in a hoodie now. I'm too tight to have my heating on all day.

Why nor.Works out cheaper

logburner is on loads aswell.

What I have noticed on visiting people’s houses this time of year is the amount of people who are sitting in their own house with a hoodie or a fleece on.f***ing mental that.

Makes sense just to chuck an extra layer on if the temperature is about 10 degrees or so like it is today.

Octopus too.

Electricity is from renewable energy sources, referral links for £50 each, meter reading wheel of fortune and no fees if you want to leave within contract either. However so far see no need to as they have been spot on.

Octopus too.

Electricity is from renewable energy sources, referral links for £50 each, meter reading wheel of fortune and no fees if you want to leave within contract either. However so far see no need to as they have been spot on.

Has anyone ever won anything on their wheel of fortune? You get two spins a month but got bugger all.

Don't know what the fuss is about with smart meters. There's fuck all to do these days, meters readings and the wee wheel of fortune thing is a days entertainment :lol:
It's these newfangled super computer meters they have installed nowadays. Massive keypads, about a hundred settings, they give you multiple readings of different variables, and there's always machine specific secret codes to unlock the readings that I always forget. Spend ten minutes on YouTube videos working out how to read the bastard things, and even then there's always that nagging sense of doubt that I've misread something by one digit or something when inputting the data and as a result I'm going to get a quarterly bill of one million pounds.

As the title says? Just moved in a new kip.

Anyone know any good ones that are reasonably priced?

Octupus someone mentioned as a good one?

Not sure, thoughts smb?

Also is it better getting gas and electric as a direct debit or do you think its better getting a meter put in and doing pre payment using a key??

2 questions there for yous??
got a letter from SCOTTISH POWER saying my deal was up and an estimate for next year with next deal ,about 70 quid jump
went on U Switch ,filled all the boxes in including what deal i was going on and with who
the results all near each other with no real details
you expect to see £ per kilowat used etc then you can compare ,you dont get it

I'm with Igloo after I got switched to them through money saving expert.

Nice little company so customer service is spot on, always pick up the phone or answer web chats quickly.
The thing I like the most is that when you have a balance with them through the summer, you earn 3% interest on your balance.

Also if you switch to them through a recommendation you get £50 credit to your account.

If you'd like to have a look, here's the link

Back