Best gas and electric company to go with?

I'm with Octopus. Had been with Bulb previously but Octopus was working out cheaper for my usage. There were a couple even cheaper but they were a bit tinpot so didn't bother.

Uswitch is pretty good for comparisons if you have a reasonable idea of your usage.

Bulb/Octopus have referal deals so get someone to recommend you if you opt for either of them.

I'm with bulb. No issues in the three years I've been with them. Most current customers can get you £50 credit to start with, they get £50 too.

Octopus. On Agile octopus, I don't need to use much electric between 4 and 7 pm, so paying less than 12p/kwh. Can sometimes charge the car when electricity prices drop to a negative value thusly resulting in them paying me to charge the car.

As the title says? Just moved in a new kip.

Anyone know any good ones that are reasonably priced?

Octupus someone mentioned as a good one?

Not sure, thoughts smb?

Also is it better getting gas and electric as a direct debit or do you think its better getting a meter put in and doing pre payment using a key??

2 questions there for yous??
DD is the cheapest tariffs from suppliers while PP is the most expensive from each.
Many of the smaller companies make their margin by saving on the after sales set up and lack of customer service so it's all good till you need to speak to them.

As the title says? Just moved in a new kip.

Anyone know any good ones that are reasonably priced?

Octupus someone mentioned as a good one?

Not sure, thoughts smb?

Also is it better getting gas and electric as a direct debit or do you think its better getting a meter put in and doing pre payment using a key??

2 questions there for yous??

yes i am very happy with octopus...good prices and customer service is excellent....i missed my payment this month cos i simply couldnt afford it and they were fine about it

I’ve been with Bulb for coming up to 3 years. Have been fine. App is easy to use as well.
I do look for cheaper offers, but never seen anything better than £5-10. Had bad experiences with N Power (ombudsman job) before so simplicity is good.

EDIT. Having said all of that. Just logged in to see a £1k credit and no statement since May. Got a smart meter in but doesn’t seem to be giving readings to them.

Last edited:

Back