Best for Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

Striker
I'm a videographer wanting to move into the DSLR/mirrorless market to give me some flexibility on shoots as sometimes I need to take stills.

Liking the Sony A7 Mk ii as its full frame or the Nikon D750 as an all rounder or Canon EOS 80d. Don't need to shoot in 4K as clients mainly use for websites/social media but want a camera and lens that produces some special results if used correctly.

Any other recommendations out there? Needs external mic jack and budget of 2k including purchase of lens if kit lens not sufficient. Other than that I'm open to anything.

I hear some fantastic stuff about the Sony sensors these days for video and seem to be the preferred choice amongst my videographer pals.

I hear some fantastic stuff about the Sony sensors these days for video and seem to be the preferred choice amongst my videographer pals.
Sony always made the better mid range VCs, so no surprise I guess

I'm a videographer wanting to move into the DSLR/mirrorless market to give me some flexibility on shoots as sometimes I need to take stills.

Liking the Sony A7 Mk ii as its full frame or the Nikon D750 as an all rounder or Canon EOS 80d. Don't need to shoot in 4K as clients mainly use for websites/social media but want a camera and lens that produces some special results if used correctly.

Any other recommendations out there? Needs external mic jack and budget of 2k including purchase of lens if kit lens not sufficient. Other than that I'm open to anything.

I do video production for my work. I always used canon but have switched to a sony a7sii and it is miles better. defo go sony

What's making the difference?

You get a lot more for your money. Can use log profiles, 4k, 100fps, High iso. I went to 40,000 iso filming northern lights in sweden last year and with a bit of noise reduction it was clean.

Do you use the kit lens with it? A 24-70mm

I don't have any of the sony lenses. I had come from Canon so I use a metabones adaptor so I can use all my canon fit lenses

You get a lot more for your money. Can use log profiles, 4k, 100fps, High iso. I went to 40,000 iso filming northern lights in sweden last year and with a bit of noise reduction it was clean.

I don't have any of the sony lenses. I had come from Canon so I use a metabones adaptor so I can use all my canon fit lenses

Fair enough, you bought body only then? Starting from scratch so wasn't sure whether to pay couple of hundred extra for the kit lens or if it wasn't worth it.

4K? So do you have the A7R or S Mkii? They are both a whole grand more expensive seemingly for the addition of 4K video not sure what else? Think just going for the A7ii which records at 1080p/60fps which is more than good enough for what I need it for.

Fair enough, you bought body only then? Starting from scratch so wasn't sure whether to pay couple of hundred extra for the kit lens or if it wasn't worth it.

4K? So do you have the A7R or S Mkii? They are both a whole grand more expensive seemingly for the addition of 4K video not sure what else? Think just going for the A7ii which records at 1080p/60fps which is more than good enough for what I need it for.

Depends what you're filming really. I use mostly primes for everything.

Yeah a7sii. Not seen the spec for a7 but would have thought it would be more than just 4k. As the original a7s could do 4k, albeit with an external recorder. All these models are too similar in name and number I end up getting confused by them

I output very little at 4k but have found it really useful as you can crop into shots giving you a few options for everything you film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back