Best fish & chips you've had?

Agree with the poster who says it must be eaten by the sea with lashing of sore finger on. Preferably in a drafty shelter that smells of stale piss and disappointment.
They will all smell of stale piss after this weekend. Millions of nutters going to the beaches- no pubs or restaurants open and no public toilets open. God knows where they can piss !!
It's a few years since I've been to Whitstable but that VC Jones was quality. I also used to rate the Park Road Fish Bar in Hythe. Often my first stop out of the euro tunnel.
Park fish bar is good ! Torbay fish bar in Hythe is better.

Last edited:
I love fish n chips, they are THE best of foods when done right. I have tried a few of the names mentioned on here and have to say that we had some at Gills in Seaham last summer and they were especially good.

Now I know this may sound daft but there is is fish van that does various events across the North East who are very very good for both taste and value. Decent size portion of white flaky cod in crisp batter with lush chips, however the deciding factor for me is their name. Codrophenia. If you see their van, there will be a queue, it's worth the wait.

I love fish n chips, they are THE best of foods when done right. I have tried a few of the names mentioned on here and have to say that we had some at Gills in Seaham last summer and they were especially good.

Now I know this may sound daft but there is is fish van that does various events across the North East who are very very good for both taste and value. Decent size portion of white flaky cod in crisp batter with lush chips, however the deciding factor for me is their name. Codrophenia. If you see their van, there will be a queue, it's worth the wait.
Weren't they at kubix last year

They have a shop at Dalton Park where spud u like used to be. The van was at Dalton Park at Christmas time.

Back