Best fish and chips in SR6?

A bit shocked that someone on Trip Advisor was surprised at receiving 'Grey' cod. Biggest fraud and prosecutions with chip shops is substituting Coley (grey and very cheap) for Cod (Very White and expensive these days) I think this seriously needs attention. Expensive too..I expect to pay more if the quality is better...BUT NOT if its crap!

A bit shocked that someone on Trip Advisor was surprised at receiving 'Grey' cod. Biggest fraud and prosecutions with chip shops is substituting Coley (grey and very cheap) for Cod (Very White and expensive these days) I think this seriously needs attention. Expensive too..I expect to pay more if the quality is better...BUT NOT if its crap!
The fish is crap at my local chippy. I don't think the menu actually has cod on. It just says fish iirc.

Just before Christmas was in that London for a training carry on. Was taken out for an authentic fish 'n chip supper in a fully tiled, formica tabled, trying too hard restaurant. Had haddock & chips with mushy peas. Fish was nice, batter ordinary, chips turned up in a ceramic mug, peas in a tall shot glass type thing! Worked out about £25.00! For F's & C's...

I supply hundreds of shops across the country and don’t know if one shop that would sell coley pretending it was cod. The business is just not like that. Fish and chips shop owners are normally proud of their product and would not cheat. Saying that, if you are coley blind folded you couldn’t taste the difference between that and cod.
The fish is crap at my local chippy. I don't think the menu actually has cod on. It just says fish iirc.
Where is it and what’s it called ?
Katie macs took some beating.
Is the owner still totally nuts. A bit of an actor as well ?

Last edited:
I supply hundreds of shops across the country and don’t know if one shop that would sell coley pretending it was cod. The business is just not like that. Fish and chips shop owners are normally proud of their product and would not cheat. Saying that, if you are coley blind folded you couldn’t taste the difference between that and cod.

Last time I was in was when old Mac still had and his mrs. He’s passed away now and his mrs sold the place 10ish year ago. Jumbo cod was a beauty.
I like whitey over cod especially in a fishcake it’s loads sweeter.

Whoever owns Queens isn’t proud, shithole

Its in Easington Lane mate, no idea of the name but there is only one in the Lane.

Its in Easington Lane mate, no idea of the name but there is only one in the Lane.
Colies are a long lean fish compared to cod so it would look odd. Mind there is cobbler which is a asian freshwater fish that they sell in supermarkets that’s very similar. It’s lifting as well.

Colies are a long lean fish compared to cod so it would look odd. Mind there is cobbler which is a asian freshwater fish that they sell in supermarkets that’s very similar. It’s lifting as well.
Cobbler? Fecking Basa Fish! Avoid. I was horrified to find it openly on sale at Mozza's at about half the price or less of cod.

Back