Best fish and chips in SR6?

Sweaty Vals in suddick used to be the best. Would get your chips wrapped in newspaper. Sadly Val sold up about 7 year ago or so when Gordon passed. Think he was head fryer, apparently was a canny keeper in his day and was on the books with sunlun

Sweaty Vals in suddick used to be the best. Would get your chips wrapped in newspaper. Sadly Val sold up about 7 year ago or so when Gordon passed. Think he was head fryer, apparently was a canny keeper in his day and was on the books with sunlun
Portion sizes there were massive anarl.

Gordons Little Angels on their caps :lol:
He had a few photos of him playing footy dotted about the shop iirc
Class chippy and class people

Took the bairns and missus (no) for their tea tonight and can confirm that The Bay is the best fish and chips in the area. Disclaimer: I haven’t tried Fountains at Carly Hill (wherever the f*ck that is) yet.
Had a meal in the restaurant and service was excellent, drinks were ‘on point’ and the batter was ‘to die for.’ Deep golden brown and crispy, rather than the colour of Simpson’s characters. No pig tatties for chips either. Tasted like they were fried in beef dripping, although I can’t be sure. Will definitely be returning.

Took the bairns and missus (no) for their tea tonight and can confirm that The Bay is the best fish and chips in the area. Disclaimer: I haven’t tried Fountains at Carly Hill (wherever the f*ck that is) yet.
Had a meal in the restaurant and service was excellent, drinks were ‘on point’ and the batter was ‘to die for.’ Deep golden brown and crispy, rather than the colour of Simpson’s characters. No pig tatties for chips either. Tasted like they were fried in beef dripping, although I can’t be sure. Will definitely be returning.
But were the chips absolutely full of potato?

Another vote for the Bay. Tried the takeaway, excellent. Can confirm the chips were full of potato and cod full of cod!! Will return.

That’s a blast from the past.
Used to go there as a young un when I worked on the industrial estate on Riverside Road.
Great chip shop.

Back