Best exercise with a dodgy knee ?

box2box

Striker
Used to enjoy weights at the gym, and did a lot of walking plus occasional run

Have managed to get a strained knee ( great timing in lockdown ;) )so need to lay off run / fast walking fir a bit.

Anyone got any alternative exercise recommendations to keep the timber at bay ?

Used to enjoy weights at the gym, and did a lot of walking plus occasional run

Have managed to get a strained knee ( great timing in lockdown ;) )so need to lay off run / fast walking fir a bit.

Anyone got any alternative exercise recommendations to keep the timber at bay ?
Calorie deficit should suffice.

Swimming good if pools are open... Get a knee support.( Supadrug do a good one ) and try a slow walk... Take cod liver oil ,it lubes the joints and slows down wear n tear...

I’m no physio but moving my knees through a full range of motion helped me recover from a partial meniscus tear. I would recommend body weight air squats and also some rowing too. I think folk are fearful of moving but if you imagine how animals repair their bodies they’ll not sit on their arse waiting for a dodgy knee to repair, they’ll have to start moving asap

When I tore my medial ligament, the physio made me get moving as soon as possible- even working through pain and stiffness to get the joint mobile. Cycling was the first exercise she made me do, then once I had about 75% mobility I got back to squats and lunges
But listen to your body, I’m not a medical practitioner

If possible Rowing machine bike or cross trainer very low impact on joints start easy and slow then build up and progress every other day you will get there

Back