Best drain cleaner

If you can get to the pipe work dont waste your time with cleaner.

Undo the pipe from under the shower tray. Pull the manky lumps of tangled lasses hair, shampoo and other crap. Put back together.
It takes 2 minutes, make sure you put gloves on.

Usually it's lasses hair with solidified soap around that's the problem. Sometimes pouring boiling hot water down helps as it melts the soap.

Ability supplies sell one that's basically the same as one shot for a couple of quid. Has the bog bubbling like a witches cauldron if you overdo it.

I use it for breaking up basin blocking chods more often than not.

One Shot isn’t meant to be used at home is it? I’ve got a bottle of it but it’s never been used as it has ‘for industrial use only’ or something printed on the bottle.

Been using bicarb, caustic soda, bleach and white vinegar in an attempt to stop the shower smelling like a pond every morning but can I fuck get rid of the smell.
Hopefully not at the same time.

nope theres inhibitors to stop it attacking plastic. your problem though sounds as if the the trap has failed and isnt holding enough water in it to "trap" or prevent smells soming back up the pipe. The basic job of a trap

This
Wouldn’t waste money on drain cleaners if the trap isn’t doing it’s job.

Usually it's lasses hair with solidified soap around that's the problem. Sometimes pouring boiling hot water down helps as it melts the soap.
this, but you need to hoy a lot of it down. the first lot will be cooled down by the water that's already in the trap, so keep pouring boiling water down until the 'gunk' melts. I always try about 3 kettle fulls or pan fulls down as quick as possible, then about once a month to keep it clear.

Back