Best Cricket Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFC2403

Striker
Leading on from the other thread.

Wheres the best you've ever had?

Burnopfield is up there for me - Sarnies, yorkshire puddings, it had it all.

Boldon Colliery also gets a very honorable mention - pizza's, hotdogs etc.

Leading on from the other thread.

Wheres the best you've ever had?

Burnopfield is up there for me - Sarnies, yorkshire puddings, it had it all.

Boldon Colliery also gets a very honorable mention - pizza's, hotdogs etc.

Annfield Plain

Every time cricket teas is mentioned it always makes me chuckle about one year when we played at Seaham Harbour many years ago.

Our team knew their teas were shit, so 9 of us said to the captain we did not want a tea.

Our captain duly went and told their tea ladies 'just 2 teas please'

9 of us went to the shop at tea time,however on the way back we noticed all their team heading to the shop.

The tea ladies had only made 2 teas altogether!!! :D ( umpires had them) Seaham were well pissed off.

The following season it was made mandatory for all players to pay and have teas, whether it was because of us I have no idea.

Every time cricket teas is mentioned it always makes me chuckle about one year when we played at Seaham Harbour many years ago.

Our team knew their teas were shit, so 9 of us said to the captain we did not want a tea.

Our captain duly went and told their tea ladies 'just 2 teas please'

9 of us went to the shop at tea time,however on the way back we noticed all their team heading to the shop.

The tea ladies had only made 2 teas altogether!!! :D ( umpires had them) Seaham were well pissed off.

The following season it was made mandatory for all players to pay and have teas, whether it was because of us I have no idea.
One of the first cricket teas I had was a seaham harbour cricket tea. Jam sandwiches was the main sustenance from it...not surprised teams avoided it

Best one I've had was probably Hylton a few year back. It had everything and ice cream for desert.

Murton in the old Pavillion when I played for the County League side circa 2002 was pretty special too.

Worst ones - Langley Park one year in the early 2000's was horrific. Salmonella pie was the only thing they had. Must've only cost about £6 to feed 22 blokes, 2 umpires and 2 scorers. Mind it has to be said, I've played at Langley about 20 times and all the other times the tea was fine.

Kimblesworth - spent all their money on players, had nowt left for the teas.

Best one I've had was probably Hylton a few year back. It had everything and ice cream for desert.

Murton in the old Pavillion when I played for the County League side circa 2002 was pretty special too.

Worst ones - Langley Park one year in the early 2000's was horrific. Salmonella pie was the only thing they had. Must've only cost about £6 to feed 22 blokes, 2 umpires and 2 scorers. Mind it has to be said, I've played at Langley about 20 times and all the other times the tea was fine.

Kimblesworth - spent all their money on players, had nowt left for the teas.

We once payed for teas at Kimmer then left without eating a thing ( quick turnaround game when Kimmer were mint and Brandon were shite )

Funny how times change, Wearmouth used to be really good in my day, remember playing them and bowling them all out for 26 and their captain saying with short turnaround not point having tea, we were not happy so ended up down Seaburn having fish and chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back